Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Hypoxic1

Since its been kinda slow.....

I thought I would share a few spectacular pics of the recent sight fishing run I did with the Guru.
The objective was to sight fish and work surface iron only and have Josh help me learn more about reading the specifics of my HDS 5

I wont ruin the story with a poorly written tale, but these pics he took of me were too good not to share. This fish went home after a super fun run.

Time to let the pictures tell the story. This was my first surface iron fish. Truly a beautiful day with beautiful water.

Chris
Attached Images

Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
wavster

Wow! The water looks great...

Nice fish too.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
herefishyfishy!

I love pic#2...well I love all of them. Nice job on the !

Evan

PS. I second what Dave said, the water is beauuuutiful!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
fishaholic

Nice fish oh and nice gear too It's nice to see your putting it to good use.
fishaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
TCS

I thought sight fishing was something you did with your eyes.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
umtduckhead

NICE! congrats!
umtduckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
j mo

Great action shots Chris.
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
WahooUSMA

Very nice!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
THE DARKHORSE

The Guru?

I'm just a fisherman! An average Joe---I mean Josh. Anyone can do it, really. I do believe the difference between catching and, 'ya know, just sitting around fishing is a decision we all make, though. And I realize some guys just like to go fishing. I think that's great!

More fish for me and my crew .

I'd like to commend Chris for letting his first ever, surface-iron Yellowtail, live to fight another day. I'm just glad I was there with a camera to capture this moment in time. Not too many guys would do that with such an important fish. The fish was perfectly hooked in the corner of the mouth and instantly kicked back down. This incredible photo is just the icing on the cake!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
patgsd
Junior

awesome!
patgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #11
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
I'm just a fisherman! An average Joe---I mean Josh. Anyone can do it, really. I do believe the difference between catching and, 'ya know, just sitting around fishing is a decision we all make, though. And I realize some guys just like to go fishing. I think that's great!
Josh, my friend, I would like to respectively disagree. You are not just a fisherman. A Guru... maybe not, but certainly not an average Josh. I watched you coach a client into catching a trophy WSB to go along with the one you caught earlier over the weekend. Most of us went home empty handed.

I suspect that you are right when you suggest that any of us can do it. You forgot to add that we need we have the knowledge and experience that only doing it lots of times will bring. Hanging out with a very experienced average Josh probably helps.

I was a running back in High School. That title is all I have in common with some of the greats in that sport. The same analogy applies here. I like to fish therefore I am a fisherman. There are many in our little family who are just like me. There is a small subgroup who have earned a different title.

The few hours that I spent with you by my side one day turned me from a wannabe into a semi-fisherman. I will be forever grateful. You should take the complement that Chris gave you a smile knowingly.

Please keep doing what you do.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
Hypoxic1

The Guru?

Funny thing is that when you use those words everyone who knows anything knows exactly who you are referring to. Keep teaching, Ill keep learning.
c
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #13
j mo

LOL! Im a real life "average Josh".... and I promise you if you spend the day with me results would be MUCH different than if you spent it with the "other" Josh.
I do however believe in the "power" of the letter "J" though
best,
Josh
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
LOL! Im a real life "average Josh".... and I promise you if you spend the day with me results would be MUCH different than if you spent it with the "other" Josh.
I do however believe in the "power" of the letter "J" though
best,
Josh
Josh, I would love to spend a day fishing with you one of these days just to compare. Hopefully the wife will give you a hall pass soon.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
bellcon

Beautiful fish
Beautiful pics
Beautiful release

A guru (Sanskrit: गुरु, Tamil: குரு) is one who is regarded as having great knowledge, wisdom and authority in a certain area, and who uses it to guide others (teacher). Sound familiar?

In Sanskrit gu means darkness & ru means light. As a principle for the development of consciousness it leads the creation from unreality to reality, from the darkness of ignorance to the light of knowledge. In its purest form this principle manifests on earth as a divine incarnation (saint), a person with supreme knowledge about God and all creation.[1] Other forms of manifestation of this principle also include parents, school teachers [1], non-human objects (books) and even one's own intellectual discipline.[2]
In the religious sense the term is commonly used in Hinduism and Sikhism, as well as in other Indian religions and new religious movements. Finding a true guru is often held to be a prerequisite for attaining self-realization. Guru Nanak, founder of the Sikh religion said: "Even if a thousand suns and moons rose, they would be unable to remove the darkness of ignorance within the heart. This can only be removed through the grace of the Guru." [3]
"Guru" also refers in Sanskrit to Brihaspati, a divine figure in Hinduism. In Vedic astrology, guru or Brihaspati is believed to exert teaching influences.[clarification needed] Indeed, in many Indian languages such as Hindi, the occidental Thursday is called either Brihaspativaar or Guruvaar (vaar meaning day of the week).[citation needed]
In contemporary India, the word "guru" is widely used with the general meaning of "teacher". In Western usage, the meaning of guru has been extended to cover anyone who acquires followers, though not necessarily in an established school of philosophy or religion.[4]

Blah blah blah

In a further Western extension, guru is used to refer to a person who has authority because of his or her perceived secular knowledge or skills, such as in business.

so there you go

I still think I will stick with buddy
... or Sensei
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 AM   #16
baitcasterboy20

What rod are using in the first picture? It looks nice

It's Fucking Simple
baitcasterboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #17
Mtobolsky
Loves his member

So does that mean we can cal the greAt one the guhorse instead...lol idont care who you are that there is funny
Mtobolsky is offline   Reply With Quote