Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
fishja

This little piggy went allllll the way home

Went out on Sunday 2/15/15 for a whole lotta nada... Yoyoed all day long (didn't take the bait tank)! One buddy hooked into a nice yellow on the iron only to lose it at gaf 🔫! Was the first time with my new fish finder so I spent a lot of time learning what to look for and getting the settings dialed in (thanks dannowar!!!)

Monday Presidents' Day 2/16/15 was a whole different story.... Launched about 630. Made tons of little Spanish right near the kelp. Then went out to work the same area as the day before about 130'. Wasn't seeing much bait or life for that matter so we decided to work south to about 150'. Stopped on a few pots for nothing... Till finally I saw what looked like a nice bait pile... Dropped a spaniard down and got hit within seconds of putting it down... Let it run let it run set the drag and gone.... This happened once more while still in the same spot! Right before sending another one down I looked at my FF and see what looks like some big fish right under the bait and tell the boys to drop it down! One buddy hooks up about 5 cranks off the bottom woo fish on! Bring up my line and head over to help him out and give him the gaf. Not 10 seconds after putting my rod away and getting out the gaf I see bait start to jump all over the place... And then it happens...

15-20 yellows start to break the surface 30 yards away slashing and throwing their tails out of the water! Grab my iron and take a long cast and hit it right on the money... Soon as it hits it's fish on! Fight him for 10 min pretty uneventful and stick him on the stringer! Perfect first fish secured!

Head over to check on my other buddy who had hooked up to see that he landed a freaking pig! Pics don't do it justice it was fat!

Gill/ gut both right away. Take a look at the FF and see the school directly under us. Tell the boys to drop again and boom third fish on! Little smaller than the bigger model but he didn't stand a chance.

Awesome way to spend the day and back at the launch before 11!

All fish were caught on the iron salas 6x jr!

The stoke is real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishja is offline   Reply With Quote