Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #21
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchfish

Brad, I think someone has photograph of just how wicked that tequila was.

Ken
Can't a guy take a nap on the beach without it being sordid?
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #22
Hook 1

I had a great time. The road was nice. This van was doing 35mph untill some cows took the road over.

Just don't know what you will see around the next corner.

The blow hole was putting on a show.......

along with the floor show.

The cove was very mellow Fri. and Sat.......

untill Sunday came and boy did things change.

Had not seen it like this before.

It was cool having everyone hang Sat. night at the casa. Glad to have meet Gary and his son and Mr.(big balls)Peach. Avery and Toby sorry I didn't take the time to say good bye. It's always good to see you 2 guys.
Kurt niiiiiiiice raido. Cory glad we weren't playing for money.
PST also has a face.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #23
seasick

Alex here, Gary's son with some pictures i took down at PST

Sunrise over PST(Sunday)

Looking calm out there(Saturday)

Dinner?

Not looking so nice(Sunday)

The old guy(gary)

have a few other pictures, mainly of the surf and spray variety.
seasick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:09 AM   #24
'Cuda

Punta Banda yellows

Check out http://www.mexfish.com/mfn/mfn.htm and click on the Feb. 9th, 2004 report. I've fished the "spot" from a panga.....it's a hell of a paddle (5-6 mi. round trip) from La Bufadora around the point to the Bay side about 4-500 yds. off the point rocks at a depth of 120-150ft and it's usually an early am bite.... Ivan sells those magic locally made brushed aluminum jigs at his shop but always seems to be out of them. I've hit Santa Ana conditions there in Feb. with 80 degree temps, sunny and beautiful.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:08 AM   #25
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook1

PST: Where the fishing's good, and the cattle are nervous.

Can you blame them?

Nice to meet you seasick. It took some aplomb to go out Sunday. Good job.

Z
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:03 AM   #26
Mr_PeaCH

Well it looks like some moisture got into my cheapo camera and distorted all my pics such as they were.

I just wanted to echo what Mark said; it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with the Loco Pescadores in the big house; as well as Corey and Kurt, Avery and Toby, Gary and Alex on Saturday evening. Big ups for Kurt on the satelite radio, that was an awesome surprise.

Man, as good as the conditions were on Saturday when I showed up (3hrs 10min from Oceanside; pulled in to PST at 5:30am) the fishing for me could not have been worse. Mustered only two small lings but put the great conditions to good use by paddling all the way up to the Soledad reef and then over to the pinnacles before letting the NW breeze blow me home. Sighted about 10 or 12 whales during the morning including several pairs that came within 20 or 30 yards of the kayak. My heart skipped a few beats when I began to make out a shape beneath me at one point... it went from whale? to SHARK! to (whew) mola mola.

Sunday I tried to fool myself into believing that the winds were just downslope morning conditions from the hills and I decided to make a go of it from the main launch site against Sam's (and, well, everybody else's) better judgement. The swell had come waaay up overnight and the cove was a washing machine but I made it outside without incident. But when I started north around the point I got caught by a gust that nearly capsized me; I think my damned crate almost killed me out there. Turned my TipperPro around and headed for the protected cove where at least I caught lunch for Sunday. Big thanks to Gary and Alex for helping me out of the water and up onto the new ramp.

Sunday afternoon, with everybody else making a run north for the border, was a bit surreal. Even Sam checked on me to make sure I really was staying and if I needed anything. Hmm, still have ice and beer, still have tortillas, still have firewood, still have the day off work Monday... no, I believe I'm good. Drove up the 4WD road and over to the other side just for giggles and some more awesome waves and spray scenery. (That's where my camera caught the water.) Ended the day fishing from the rocks and catching dinner, exploring some tidepools when the afternoon low came and then warming my feet by a fire on the cabana patio while watching the moon rise over the bay with Sam's mutt come over to keep me company. Sublime.

And then Monday, as I said, the wind was down a bit but the swell was perhaps worse. Outside awaited 10-15 foot swells easy with probably 8-9 second periods. I kept waiting to feel seasick but that didn't happen for over 2 and a half hours. So I stayed within sight of the PST houses which happened to be how far I could venture out and stay protected from the worst winds by the hills and fished a few spots for a couple more rockfish. Oh, and I left the crate behind this time and felt much more stable out there. Landed it on the main launch ramp; nearly pearled it right onto the concrete but lay back, straightened it out and skidded up high and dry in the middle of the ramp pretty as you please. Any landing you can walk away from I always say.

Though I wouldn't have minded the company for the last day and a half I'd have to say it was very relaxing to have PST all to myself. And though the fishing was scratchy at best I wouldn't trade the great day of whale watching on Saturday for anything.

As always, when I leave PST I can't wait to plan to return again.

But enought about PST... how about some of those Tequilla-induced Colonet meldown pics?! :lol:
Mr_PeaCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #27
Hook 1

There are some more photos at....
http://retrofish.net/gallery/albums.php
Old 01-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #28
Grego

I see Bongie had the sense to wear long pants this time....cute outfit

Grego
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #29
steamroll