Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #21
GTboosted

Just because he came forward now everyone is on his side?

Wtf? You buy a 40k car and if you get home and the dealer forgot to give you the floor mats... you what.. suck it up because it grand scheme of things...is not much compared to 40k?

Dude ignored him, and that is the problem. Obviously he didnt care until he was pubicly called out. Why couldn't he give the same response via pm?
Old 10-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #22
Dannowar

I sure as hell wouldn't cry about it on the internet. I would handle it myself. This world is full of too many spineless whiners who depend on the opinions of others to support their own. That's the internet though. A giant group hug.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #23
Iceman
Administrator

communication errors......I deal with em on a daily basis mostly with rental peeps calls.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #24
Chet
Junior

Like I said it's not the money value of the drive plug, what bug me to post it is the ignorance of the seller. I sent multiple PM and phone text, no response.
Now I post it publicly and he came out to response.

I was offered the plug from a few members here, thanks guys but I am not going to accept any. I know most of people still use common senses, and keep their words. It's just the principle.

Dannowar, I don't know what principle(if you have any) you follow.
Do you keep your word when you say something?
Can you make your fellow people trust you?
I leave that up to you.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #25
jorluivil

Chet just got real!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Old 10-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #26
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Someone forgot to say

As is.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #27
cabojohn
PROBATION

Holy fuckingshit Batman...I lost 136 seconds of my life reading this thread.

I too feel like I have been Cheted.

Nevermind...I PADDLE.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #28
octico

Oh Chet this just got really funny!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #29
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

I have to agree with Chet. Doesnt matter if was 30 cents. He could not get in touch with seller. Dude was not replying to him. He did the right thing by putting it up. If I buy a 40k car and get home without the promised floor mat. You better believe the dealer is going to be delivering them to me. It is not the cost it is the principle. Seller could have replied and said he didnt end up having parts and sure this would have ended there.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #30
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
Like I said it's not the money value of the drive plug, what bug me to post it is the ignorance of the seller. I sent multiple PM and phone text, no response.
Now I post it publicly and he came out to response.

I was offered the plug from a few members here, thanks guys but I am not going to accept any. I know most of people still use common senses, and keep their words. It's just the principle.

Dannowar, I don't know what principle(if you have any) you follow.
Do you keep your word when you say something?
Can you make your fellow people trust you?
I leave that up to you.
I've bought and sold so much over this forum it would blow your mind. My principles include letting the little things go. Especially calling someone out on the internet because he forgot a piece that you'll never use besides storing it in your garage. The guy you purchased your kayak from is a good dude who would never go out of his way to cheat someone. The dude misplaced it. As for the 40 k car analogy...totally different ballpark. This is a tight knit community. Go find a rock and fish by yourself.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #31
ultimatejay

Integrity- your only as good as your word. Small or big- At least answer the guy back and tell him what happened instead of ignoring them. Geez
Old 10-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #32
jorluivil

I can't believe some of the Chet that is being said.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Old 10-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #33
east county dirtbag

The whole car dealership thing is a kind of irrelevant analogy. Car dealerships have to be accountable for little things because they operate in an environment where the competition is so stiff that their service or lack thereof can make or break their business.

That's not the case here.

I know whenever ive made cash transactions to purchase used goods in the past, I go into it with the expectation that I will probably never communicate with the seller again. That's how cash transactions work.

Not sure what the end goal of this thread was supposed to be... but the outcome seems negative for all involved
Old 10-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #34
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
communication errors......I deal with em on a daily basis mostly with rental peeps calls.
"Uh... Yeah... I rented a couple kayaks this morning? We're ready to be picked up."
Old 10-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #35
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
"Uh... Yeah... I rented a couple kayaks this morning? We're ready to be picked up."
yesterday a couple came in 10 minutes before closing of rental dept 5:20pm. "We called and were told no reservations just walk ins, come on down" Me "When did you call?" them "3 hours ago"
Old 10-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #36
GTboosted

romspacenut owned up to it. The end, right?

Nope, looks like romspacenut is on the right side of this "tight knit community". So some people decided to bash Chet after romspacenut already owned up to it.

Ps: I am not against anyone(specially not romspacenut, sorry, just had to use the name so that my response makes sense). I just jumped in because it wasn't cool for Chet to get called a crybaby or whiner just for calling someone out.

Also,the analogy of the dealership was made to compare a very small fraction of the cost vs the main purchased item. Not to compare customer service, business practices, competition or whatever. It is within context because, even if they are worth .00001 of what you paid for the car, you would still want those mats.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #37
Iceman
Administrator

2 different versions of the same story.

Chet

Quote:
We agreed and met only to find out it's missing mirage drive plug and front hatch seal was missing.
He offered to send it to me later.
Quote:
It's not like a lot of money, but promise is promise.
romspacenut

Quote:
he did ask me about the plug. I did say that I may have it my garage. If I found it, I would ship it out to him.
Quote:
As for the front seal, the original front seals came with the AI. I did mentioned to Chet when we met up that I had bought some Trim-Lok seals a while back to replace the original ones. Never got around to installing them. I've likely lost them accidentally threw them away. Sorry Chet, I do not find either of them.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #38
east county dirtbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTboosted View Post
romspacenut owned up to it. The end, right?

Nope, looks like romspacenut is on the right side of this "tight knit community". So some people decided to bash Chet after romspacenut already owned up to it.

Ps: I am not against anyone(specially not romspacenut, sorry, just had to use the name so that my response makes sense). I just jumped in because it wasn't cool for Chet to get called a crybaby or whiner just for calling someone out.

Also,the analogy of the dealership was made to compare a very small fraction of the cost vs the main purchased item. Not to compare customer service, business practices, competition or whatever. It is within context because, even if they are worth .00001 of what you paid for the car, you would still want those mats.

Some cars come with mats from the dealer and some don't. I know from personal experience over the years so your analogy still doesn't add up. Just cuz you want something doesn't make it exist.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #39
romspacenut

Whoa, this went out of hand. First Chet, I did not promise you anything. I brought everything that I had that I kept track of because of normal use. If something was missing say the dagger board or drive, I would tell you ahead of time. That plug is something that never gets used and simply lost track of. You asked about it when we met for the purchase and I told you that I would ship it to you if I found it. I did not say I promise to ship you a plug. As for your statement about the front seal missing is untrue. I sold you the AI with the original seals present on the AI. You did not even know about the Trim-Lok seals until I mentioned that I had intended to upgrade them and that I may have them somewhere. If I had found them afterwards, I would send them off to you. I'm wrong in not responding in a timely manner, but you need to get your facts right. I'm done responding to this as it's gotten out hand.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #40
GTboosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by east county dirtbag View Post
Some cars come with mats from the dealer and some don't. I know from personal experience over the years so your analogy still doesn't add up. Just cuz you want something doesn't make it exist.
Yo, who is talking about imaginary items?

I am referring to this (translation: its a physical item that will later be sent)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
We agreed and met only to find out it's missing mirage drive plug and front hatch seal was missing.
He offered to send it to me later. Fast forward 4 months later, with a few PM, never got replied. Still see him online though.
It's not like a lot of money, but promise is promise.
Closed Thread