Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #21
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gunner View Post
Thank you all who viewed and replied, it gave me some comfort knowing I was not alone on this.....

No Plie of Sloppy Wet & Smelly Dog Turd, Parasitic Thief is ever gonna keep me from getting to one of the things I love most.

They might have snuck in and stolen the truck while I was sleeping but I am not going to let my PA sit there collecting dust & I sure as hell am not gonna mess up the 4Runner trying to get it on top.

So with some added overtime $ I eaned; I cruised CL before going to work this morning and found me this sweet "like new" Jet Ski Trailer for only $600.

It's actually going to be much easier on me loading/unloading now than having to lift it up over my head everytime I go Fishing...

So a big "F" You!! to the scum who stole my Truck!. I guarantee that if you come around here again & I catch you that you will suffer fom a very rapid & Extremely Violent case of accute lead poisoning, Finished off with my size 13 boot dripping blood, guts & mud from your Sorry Ass you POS!

It still needs some tweaking but I'm aleady getting close to dialing it in so I can go Fishing Tomorrow & Sunday

Better yet, you can park in the trailer parking spots at Shelter Island and the other launches that have those types of parking spaces.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #22
Yakin

Quote:
Thank you all who viewed and replied, it gave me some comfort knowing I was not alone on this.....

No Plie of Sloppy Wet & Smelly Dog Turd, Parasitic Thief is ever gonna keep me from getting to one of the things I love most.

They might have snuck in and stolen the truck while I was sleeping but I am not going to let my PA sit there collecting dust & I sure as hell am not gonna mess up the 4Runner trying to get it on top.

So with some added overtime $ I eaned; I cruised CL before going to work this morning and found me this sweet "like new" Jet Ski Trailer for only $600.

It's actually going to be much easier on me loading/unloading now than having to lift it up over my head everytime I go Fishing...

So a big "F" You!! to the scum who stole my Truck!. I guarantee that if you come around here again & I catch you that you will suffer fom a very rapid & Extremely Violent case of accute lead poisoning, Finished off with my size 13 boot dripping blood, guts & mud from your Sorry Ass you POS!

It still needs some tweaking but I'm aleady getting close to dialing it in so I can go Fishing Tomorrow & Sunday

Just wait till you do catch them and your standing outside with your 12ga pointed at them and you but ass naked now that scares the shit out of them kids!
and with the trailer, I am thinking of doing the jet ski trailer idea.
But I was wondering if launching/loading would work just the same with the PA as it would a jet ski by just backing it into the water?
Let me know how it works so I can talk the wife into letting me spend the cash!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
Deamon

Sorry to hear that CG. Getting ripped off really blows. Way to deal with it head on. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
yaky yak

That's the truck that you pulled me out of the sand with? Sorry they got you. I hate a thief. You work hard for your stuff and some scum bag rips you off.
I'd sure love to catch one of those SOB's and deal out some old time ball bat justice.
Trailer looks like it'll work though to get you back on the water anyway.
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #25
Chief Gunner

GOOD NEWS!! I Got my truck back today. It was recoved by San Diego PD. I was able to drive it home and it seems like it's mechanically fine. The theives only got about 20 miles away. They stole my new Optima yellow top battery, my stereo, my oem jack, my trailer reciever and the wire harness for it, my front license plate and the bag with my tow straps & tools in it but everything else is there. It looks like it was ametuer hour though; The brand new tires I just had put on ($1300) are still on it and the roof rack is too. I had a locking gas cap so they used a knife to cut the fill hose neck & Vent to the gas tank so they could siphon the gas. The undehood light was gone and the alarm wires were cut...I can see that one of them jimmied the sliding rear window with a screwdriver, hopped in and popped the hood, while his buddy removed the light bulb under the hood so they could not be seen & then cut the wires for the alarm and then they used a "Bump Key" to start the engine (those bump keys won't unlock the doors easily but they will start a car) so I am pretty sure there must have been at least 2 theives. they probably got scared off or caught before they could strip it down completely.

I've spent all day working on beefed up security for it, unless they drive a tow truck or know exactly what I have done they are not going to be able to start it without some serious effort that only a trained electrical engineer like me could figure out

Thanks again for the kind replies guys, oh and now that the PA has it's own trailer I have plenty of room for multiple yaks up on top, so some road trips with friends to some other distant fishing areas just might be in the future

Last edited by Chief Gunner; 07-17-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #26
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Good For you!

Im glad somthing was recovered.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #27
mtnbykr2

That's good news...now the sweet lookin' rig is complete again...congrats on the recovery and thanks to the quick law enforcement support...
Old 07-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #28
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

Idiots lol, I know that battery is expensive though but at lease u got back the truck and rack.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
Badtaste2k

Glad to hear you got her back in mostly one piece!

Dan
Badtaste2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #30
maui jim

Any word on the truck Chief. ???
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #31
romspacenut

Glad to hear you got your truck back.
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
GOOD NEWS!! I Got my truck back today. It was recoved by San Diego PD. I was able to drive it home and it seems like it's mechanically fine. The theives only got about 20 miles away. They stole my new Optima yellow top battery, my stereo, my oem jack, my trailer reciever and the wire harness for it, my front license plate and the bag with my tow straps & tools in it but everything else is there. It looks like it was ametuer hour though; The brand new tires I just had put on ($1300) are still on it and the roof rack is too. I had a locking gas cap so they used a knife to cut the fill hose neck & Vent to the gas tank so they could siphon the gas. The undehood light was gone and the alarm wires were cut...I can see that one of them jimmied the sliding rear window with a screwdriver, hopped in and popped the hood, while his buddy removed the light bulb under the hood so they could not be seen & then cut the wires for the alarm and then they used a "Bump Key" to start the engine (those bump keys won't unlock the doors easily but they will start a car) so I am pretty sure there must have been at least 2 theives. they probably got scared off or caught before they could strip it down completely.

I've spent all day working on beefed up security for it, unless they drive a tow truck or know exactly what I have done they are not going to be able to start it without some serious effort that only a trained electrical engineer like me could figure out

Thanks again for the kind replies guys, oh and now that the PA has it's own trailer I have plenty of room for multiple yaks up on top, so some road trips with friends to some other distant fishing areas just might be in the future
good to hear you got it back!

my dads F150 can only be started with a screwdriver. and its not in the ignition.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #33
Rotten Chum
Does it Really Matter

Glad to hear you got your truck back.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #34
ashmoz

Quote:

So a big "F" You!! to the scum who stole [the] Truck!
AMEN!
ashmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
yakrider

glad you got the truck back!
F'n thieves really suck...
I have had two trucks stolen over the years...
really sucks!

http://www.savecafishing.org/
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #36
ful-rac
Emperor

Glad you got your truck back!!!! You should invest in a Magnavolt Security system ASAP!!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #37
Yakin

Now I wish I had that around easter!!
Nice one Ful-Rac
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #38
KatFish

Good to hear buddy : )
KatFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #39
Chief Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
That's good news...now the sweet lookin' rig is complete again...congrats on the recovery and thanks to the quick law enforcement support...
Thank you for reminding me to Thank them. LEO's have a tough job.
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #40
USMCfish

Glad you got it back!
USMCfish is offline   Reply With Quote