Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
metalbob
King of Constipation

j street 10/8

hey guys,

short time lurker 1st time poster...
got to the launch at 600,water was 67 ish or so paddled out to the old floating castle i think? pitched a krok and a scampi for nada,
paddled to the end past the marina where the fish were blitzing(macks yfcs etc...) hooked up with a nice greenie when we got to the spot,and 4 barrded sb and a nice YFC.

started jigging the krock when my rod doubled over,felt the nice headshake and the fish wasnt moving ,started pulling him up when the hooked pulled...this happened to me twice yesterday

might need to get an open faced reel now...i know nothing about these reels,does anyone have a reccomendation for something in the 20-30 lb class,probably for trolling.

ive only been out in a kayak 6 time and been toTP 2x without gear,got pummeled coming back to shore several times,ill just have to keep up the practice

many thanks\
METALBOB
metalbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
fishkiller89
Junior

Send a message via AIM to fishkiller89 Send a message via Yahoo to fishkiller89
i use a torium 30 made by shimono, its been great, cought alot of big fish on it aswell
Old 10-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
Lit-up1

Gear-

This and other sites have archived many options, but I like the Torium.
There a a few used reels at Anglers Choice on Rosecrans and this guys would be glad to help with ideas.

Dave
Old 10-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
defjack

j street

I use 6lb test at J street with 1 /4 to 1/2 oz leadheads. Try fish traps ,MC or Big Hammer in red flake.rainbow trout,chartuseand gold in 3-4in sizes.Berkley Gulp 4 in swimming mullet in charteuse is also hot but you go through them fast.The bay is loaded with spotted baybass right now. Jack
defjack is offline   Reply With Quote