Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #14
Whizz Bang

Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
I could be wrong but from what I've gathered, Southern California is merely a stop where juveniles learn to hunt big fish. Elephant seals get it up north but there's not tons of seal carcasses washing up from great whites in la jolla.
Not could be wrong, you are wrong. Continue to gather Danno, or just read the article without the filter of bias... http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/jul/26...rks-san-diego/

Do we have a resident population, nope. Do large animals come through here, yep.

I have been in this game for a while now and have been around when the beaches were closed due to a large animal sighting. Is it rare? Yes. Are attacks anywhere near approximating common or likely? Hell no. They are as rare as Unicorns around here.

I shared this experience with a few close friends, one of them chose fit to post it for reasons I absolutely agreed with. When he did so, it became incumbent on me to elaborate. At that point, I decided that if you, gentle reader, were undeterred then you deserved to know about the Tail portion of the story. Anyone who is interested in creating their own personal chum slick at the side of a plastic boat with an apex predator sighted in the area that was longer than what they were paddling...well, that is my kind of guy (or girl, Sharon, I think I saw you pedaling near the preserve line that day, hope you had limits of lizardfish or whatever you were hunting).

A while back I quit posting on this site, but I did not stop fishing. I quit when I found myself going more negative than positive. I did not see the benefit in posting late, it was all about self-aggrandizing and had nothing to do with timely intel. I don't need to do that for my ego, and you don't need to read that.

Do I care about scaring you off the water? No. Does DeepDvr? No again. A long time ago we chose sides in the whole post or wait debate and I am pretty sure we are both comfortable with our decision. This experience transcends that. It was worth sharing and it was timely (considering I was still on the water when it hit BWE). My advice, take it for what it was, a reminder that there is far more going on below you when you are out there than your fish finder will ever let on.

Tight lines.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote