Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
zenspearo

San Diego brain-storming session. Saturday June 13th at my house

San Diegans (and I mean the county).

The MLPA roadshow is coming to town. We San Diegans are the guinea pigs. June 29th is the first of the series, and it's in San Diego. June 30th is the second of the series, and it's in Carlsbad. All meetings start at 7PM.

Let's make sure we San Diegans adequately prepare ourselves to meet the challenge and have a huge turnout for the meetings.

We know the Friends of the Seals, APRL, and other animal organizations will drum up their people. They don't need to hit the ground running. They are already on the ground. Heck, looking at the current Children's Pool situation, they think they own the ground.

We have many tasks to do. We need to coordinate with other communities (Kayakfishermen, spearos, hook&line, commercials, etc.) and we need to have unified messages. We need to have posters, handouts. We need to hit the marinas, the bait shops, the various marine-related businesses.

I am proposing a potluck brunch at my house in Poway on Saturday, June 13, 2009 starting at 3PM. That way, people can get in their morning dives, and can still attend the meeting. We will discuss game plans and get prepared for the June 29 and June 30th MLPA roadshow workshops.

This is about saving our hometown La Jolla and Point Loma diving and fishing kelp beds. We need to have a HUGE turnout to make sure our point of view is adequately represented.

In every San Diego seal meeting, we have been outnumbered 2:1, 3:1 or more. Let's flip the ratio--let's have more spearos and fishermen than enviros in San Diego for once.

Let me know if you can make it. Saturday June 13, 2009 at 3PM in Poway (I'll PM the addy later to those attending).

1. Joe (zenspearo)
2. Corey
3. Tyler Durden
4. Kurt
5. ?
6. ??

Last edited by zenspearo; 06-03-2009 at 12:04 PM.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Count me in.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thumbs up

This is a great opportunity guys/gals! Joe is opening up his home, and this is a good chance to unify with spearos, H&L, and commercials!

Unfortunately, I will only be there in spirit, I forgot that I am on the Islander 2.5 day that weekend! DOH!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
zenspearo

Chris,

If a lot of kayakfishermen are off that weekend, we can do it on a weeknight?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Joe, I think the Islander only has up to 22 passengers. After getting stoked up after our conversation last night for this Potluck, I was bummed to look at the calender. I don't want to throw a wrench in the plans, and cause a re-schedule. Although, if the date is moved, I obviously will be there! A weeknight might be harder for attendence. I think we can still get a good showing of SD kayakers there to help get the ball rolling. Let me know what works best for all.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Corey

I have to check my calendar, but will do my best to be there.