Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
socal.beach.bum

Great job kiddo, great story. I've yet to land my first ghost, but like you I am eager and know this season will be the season I get one.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Wow!! All I got to say is wow!!! What a monster
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
Dannowar

That's real cool and all, but at what point are you gonna catch your own fish?

Not trying to be a dick but rubbing in everyone's face that you paid someone to basically attach a fish to your line and you just reeled it in just kicks dirt in the hundreds of times I've scoured la jolla for nothing.

Just sayin.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #4
octico

Catching tail on sprint break ....

I caught a lot of tail while on spring break .... god knows it looked (and smelled) better than.. if I could only do it again?

Congrats, all kidding aside that is awesome, thanks for the report.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post

Not trying to be a dick but rubbing in everyone's face that you paid someone to basically attach a fish to your line and you just reeled it in just kicks dirt in the hundreds of times I've scoured la jolla for nothing.

Just sayin.

Please expand, I know I am new to this forum. But, you cannot just make a statement like that on give more detail? If the kid caught the fish true and true why would you say something like that ? What is your point? I mean no offense by this statement.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #6
Dannowar

Last edited by Dannowar; 04-30-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Blah blah blah my panties are in a bunch
Dannowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #7
Dannowar

I know the OP says he's very busy with school and has a hard time getting out regularly. Well, so does everyone else. I juggle a night job and two CRAZY kids and find time to get out every so often. I'm happy to be on the water catching no fish at all. But WHEN that monster shows it color, I'm satisfied with all the hard work I've put into it start to finish. All the prep. Wet launches. Intel. Rig tying.... It all pays off.

I apologize if I came across dickish at first, four posts about la jolla monsters, all written the same way with the same picture and same "I paid a guy to get me on fish" got me a little buggered. All these reports get my heart racing and motivated to get on the water not knowing if I'll skunk out or reel in glory. THATS the sport. There is no sport in taking the shortcut.

Last edited by Dannowar; 04-30-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Dannowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:55 AM   #8
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Quote:
I know the OP says he's very busy with school and has a hard time getting out regularly. Well, so does everyone else. I juggle a night job and two CRAZY kids and find time to get out every so often. I'm happy to be on the water catching no fish at all. But WHEN that monster shows it color, I'm satisfied with all the hard work I've put into it start to finish. All the prep. Wet launches. Intel. Rig tying.... It all pays off.

I apologize if I came across dickish at first, four posts about la jolla monsters, all written the same way with the same picture and same "I paid a guy to get me on fish" got me a little buggered. All these reports get my heart racing and motivated to get on the water not knowing if I'll skunk out or reel in glory. THATS the sport. There is no sport in taking the shortcut.
Just because you hire a guide does not guarantee a fish. To me it's like chartering a private boat. As opposed to going on a party boat. It seems to me that you just had a little to much hateraid last night. To step on anyone's post and down play them isn't cool. You are entitled to your opinion. But it's tacky to post it on a thread like this. Don't hate cause the kid has the means to speed up his learning curve.

Not trying to sound like a dick

Just sayin
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #9
jorluivil

Quote:

Just sayin.

You're not trying to be a dick but because you said what you did you are a dick I'll have to admit that because I was thinking the same thing I'm a dick to

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #10
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
You're not trying to be a dick but because you said what you did you are a dick I'll have to admit that because I was thinking the same thing I'm a dick to
Don't worry Jorge your not a big dick just a small dick.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #11
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Well said? I think

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote