Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
seck66
Junior

Lost: 1/2 Pro Angler Paddle with T handle

I took my daughter out fishing today in La Jolla (6/1/19) and we managed to get some bait. However, that was the only fish we caught.

Unfortunately, I think I may have left my paddle on the sand once we landed. I was so distracted helping my daughter get her rig up in her truck and showing her how to *not* get stuck in the soft sand, I must have left it behind when I finally got my rig in my truck.

It's fairly new, it came from 2018 PA.

If you do come across it, I'd really appreciate it if you could DM me and I'm happy to buy you a beer and meet you somewhere to pick it up.

Forgetful,

-Paul

Last edited by seck66; 06-01-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Left out location...
seck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

If you don’t find it, consider upgrading. Paddling a PA when your drive breaks two miles out isn’t going to be fun. Add wind current and a canoe paddle as your propulsion and it’s gonna be a loooooong day/night.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
iethinker

Lost Hobie Paddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
If you don’t find it, consider upgrading. Paddling a PA when your drive breaks two miles out isn’t going to be fun. Add wind current and a canoe paddle as your propulsion and it’s gonna be a loooooong day/night.
Yes...I lost my stock Hobie paddle while fishing Lake Havasu and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I bought a Bending Branches angler paddle to replace it and the performance was so much better. I can actually paddle my Hobie Outback now. It yielded a massive improvement in capability for entering and exiting the surf which was especially appreciated.
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
deptrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by iethinker View Post
Yes...I lost my stock Hobie paddle while fishing Lake Havasu and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I bought a Bending Branches angler paddle to replace it and the performance was so much better. I can actually paddle my Hobie Outback now. It yielded a massive improvement in capability for entering and exiting the surf which was especially appreciated.
Which model did you get and what year Outback do you have? The newer (at least 2017)come with much lighter paddles than the older ones. That being said, the drive on my 2017 Outback broke Saturday and I STRUGGLED to paddle in against the wind & swell. It was dangerous as the wind blew me over a reef with breakers as I tried to diagnose the drive problem. If I can get a new paddle that makes it significantly easier I will. How does one select the correct length paddle?

Dave
deptrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #5
iethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deptrai View Post
Which model did you get and what year Outback do you have? The newer (at least 2017)come with much lighter paddles than the older ones. That being said, the drive on my 2017 Outback broke Saturday and I STRUGGLED to paddle in against the wind & swell. It was dangerous as the wind blew me over a reef with breakers as I tried to diagnose the drive problem. If I can get a new paddle that makes it significantly easier I will. How does one select the correct length paddle?

Dave
I bought the Bending Branches Angler Classic and used the fit guidelines on their web-site that took in my height and kayak width.
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:02 AM   #6
JohnMckroidJr

Definitely want to get a replacement paddle as backup propulsion. That said, I have snapped masts multiple times and even lost a flipper completely. Short of a broken peddle, I have made better speed peddling back on 1 flipper than I could do with a paddle on a pro angler. One would think proplusion would be cut in half with one flipper, but it is closer to a wobbly 2/3rds of normal speed.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:01 AM   #7
echo42
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by seck66 View Post
I took my daughter out fishing today in La Jolla (6/1/19) and we managed to get some bait. However, that was the only fish we caught.

Unfortunately, I think I may have left my paddle on the sand once we landed. I was so distracted helping my daughter get her rig up in her truck and showing her how to *not* get stuck in the soft sand, I must have left it behind when I finally got my rig in my truck.

It's fairly new, it came from 2018 PA.

If you do come across it, I'd really appreciate it if you could DM me and I'm happy to buy you a beer and meet you somewhere to pick it up.

Forgetful,

-Paul
There is a La Jolla Shores Lost and Found Page on Facebook. Also, check the La Jolla Kayak Fishing Page on FB.
echo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #8
seck66
Junior

Thanks for all your replies. I will check the lost and found sites as well as price a new paddle.
seck66 is offline   Reply With Quote