Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
bpagentkastoll
Junior

Encounter with Mex Navy

Close Encounter with the Mexican Navy

Just bought an X-Factor, yesterday was my second outing. Met up with Craige (also X-Factor) and headed out to SI.Got bait, Around 7pm move towards bait barge, first bait down, grumpy sandie Next bait, again grumpy shows up. Start a drift, short hali, second driftt something messing with my bait,SWING I'm on. first legal hali on the yak. 30". Being the newbie I am, no lights to run at night. I channel my inner McGyver, stick a flashlight in an empty water bottle secured to one of my rods Start back to SI around 9pm, I lookup my flashlight more like a candle.Full moon decent visibility Pretty uneventful, UNTIL, i see this fast appoaching shadow bearing down on me. I can barely get an OH SHIT out when a pelican barely misses be and crashes into my rods. Flashlight into the drink, Admiral Pelican does a few cart wheels on the water and dissappears. Made it back to SI boat ramp All in all, a decent learning experince.
bpagentkastoll is offline   Reply With Quote