Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

MLPA June 4th Presence

I personally would like to thank all those who attended, and for the 1st timers, don't get discouraged, your showing up was appreciated and hopefully you got to see first hand the difficult task we are up against...

It was said that we are intimidating, to the point of harassment...I don't agree, maybe it comes from our choice of words, our presence, the wave of black shirts, or our wording on these very forums. Hence the reason for my change of wording on the difficult task we face, even though it is likened to going to battle, something you do for what you believe in...so for now, I will be using less offensive wording...

A big thanks to Paul, your speech was moving and your voice displayed the frustration you feel on how this process is obviously flawed, biased, and one sided. That much is evident.

Mr. Benninghoven early in the session stated that this "is a public process, with the public allowed to speak", and that it was "a scientific process with every voice to be heard"...and that "the world is watching this process"...if so, how come the GP is not informed of the going-ons, why the lack, or maybe suppressment, of publicity?

And the reasoning for the GP to only be allotted the time to voice whether they agree/disagree only, because of time constraints, to me, does not seem like a public process.

Is it flawed? You attend the meetings and come upon your own conclusion.
Is it fair? Refer to the above invite.

Do we need to stay informed, and show support?

If we don't we get lost in the shuffle...

Again, thanks to all who showed up, and to those that stayed, and we will see you at the next one...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher

Last edited by Tman; 06-04-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote