Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
deaddogdoug
Junior

Lowrance help

I have a Lowrance Elite-4 HDI. There is a problem with it not working. I turn it on the banner screen comes on for a brief second and then no picture. Is there a local place in San Diego that works on them or in your opinion is just better cost wise to buy a new one. Thanks for your time Guys...........Doug
deaddogdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
Raskal311

I had that ussu and turns out to be the battery. I highly suggest calling lowrance, they are a great help even when the unit is out of warranty.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
f'nsabiki

If you live near a West Marine or any shop that sells fish finders, take the head and ask them to plug it in to their power supply for display models. If your unit comes on with no problems then it is most likely your battery or your connections. I've done this 4-5 times over the years at the West Marine in Point Loma--my problems have always been with the power supply either unseen corrosion in the pin connector from the battery or once a battery that wouldn't take a charge.
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
TheBentRod

For me the problem was the backlight was down to 0. Try to adjust the backlight. It is easy to mess up while on the water. Let me know what happens.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
deaddogdoug
Junior

Thanks for the info guys problem solved...Doug

If I ever meet you I owe you a beer !Thanks to " The Bent Rod " I must have hit the button by mistake. I was looking at it in the garage and could barely see a screen in the dark a simple button hits and problem solved. Thanks.............Doug
deaddogdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:52 AM   #6
Dannowar

Make sure you didn't turn down the brightness...

Edit. Didn't read before I responded. Happened with my hds years ago and went into a panic.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:49 AM   #7
TJones

Don't Blow sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddogdoug View Post
If I ever meet you I owe you a beer !Thanks to " The Bent Rod " I must have hit the button by mistake. I was looking at it in the garage and could barely see a screen in the dark a simple button hits and problem solved. Thanks.............Doug
He might get on his High Horse.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote