Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
fishinjay

Tidelands Prick

Started off this morning with a nice launch at Tidelands Park with my dad. The sun was already out and shining. We both had no problem catching a few here and there around the moored boats which we trolled are gulp shrimp through. Here is where it got interesting. I’m trolling and all of a sudden a here a guy start yelling to the other peoples moored boat that I’m looking in the boats and what not. I paddle over to him and ask what and where he got that from... His answer is that i am on his private property and that I am not legally allowed to fish that area. I thought to myself and never really new that was true. I told him instead of yelling at me and to the others, to call the harbor police and let them deal with it. Of coarse he didn’t take me up on that offer and he said that he knows what i am doing and that (heres a real new one), using the fishing pole as a decoy and looking in peoples boats and what not and coming back later to steal the stuff. I sat and listened from my kayak as this prick went on and on about how kayakers and what not are the one stealing outboards and everything and blah blah blah. I still can’t imagine taking an outboard on a kayak...Thatd be a good one to pull off. Finally I had heard enough and paddled away. Met up with my dad who was a few boats down and he was obviously wondering what was going so I told him the story and he thought it was pretty funny how crazy this guy was. Well we decided to go to the beach for a while to give the arms a rest before heading back out. Once we got back out on the water we caught a few more sand bass and what not before we decided to head in. As I am trolling back in just past the closest moored boat, here comes round two. He and his pit-bull are in his zodiac and heading straight for me. After numerous attempts to tip me, he then starts donating around me to catch my line and break it off. I was literally amazed at this. He then tells me to leave his property and that me fishing is like him sitting in front of my house. If his pit-bull wouldn’t have been with him, I would have smacked him with my paddle. He was that close. As he hauls ass away, he then goes for my dads lines which he somehow missed. I could not believe it. When we got in we exchanged stories on this moron. Has this happened to any of you guys? He was in a cat style sailboat, definitely an older one.
fishinjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
Dennis

Bummer... Kinda like the Dolphin. You should of tied on a Salas and popped his inflatable...lol lol lol . J/K
Old 06-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Brad Wells
Junior

DFG has said that we can use slingshots to deter sea lions maybe we should use them om assholes. Thet're about $5 at sport chalet and sports authority, I never go out without one.
Brad Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
steamroll

WTF?

Don't anchor your "home" in the middle of a PARK! lol The floating homeless are a strange bunch.

You can legally fish in any navigatable waterway up to the high tide (flood) line. This includes moorings, marinas and IMO government property.

You handled yourself pretty well. I'm not sure I would have been as patient with him as you were.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
JRD
Junior

Ahh just let him catch your lines. A couple hundred yards of light mono can put a hurting to an outboard. Be funny to see him towed in with a grenaded motor.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
fishinjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamroll View Post
WTF?

Don't anchor your "home" in the middle of a PARK! lol The floating homeless are a strange bunch.

Hahah thats pretty funny... Yea if it wasnt for the damn pitbull I prolly would of jumped on his little dinghy, he was close enough.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Just contact the Harbor Police if you ever have a problem with any of the boat owners (tweakers) at Tidelands or down near Chula Vista. Both of those anchorages are known problem areas for them. If you are being harassed by a boat owner you can hail Harbor Police on CH-16. The Harbor Police dispatch center is co-located with the Coast Guard and both monitor CH-16. The Harbor Police boats also monitor CH-16. One way or another you'll get a response.
You can also contact the SDHPD by phone
Emergency: (619)223-1133
Non-emergency: (619) 686-6272
Old 06-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
Sherm

My buddy Jim and I have run into that asshole manytimes. We have exchanged words but he has never come after us. That dude is one step from homeless. He has tried to tell us we were on private property and the like. He's an idiot!! Him yelling at a yaker is like me yelling at somebody for walking their dog on the sidewalk infront of my house. With that said, if he is trying to do harm you should contact the harbor police.

Jim and I are fishing tidelands this afternoon. We'll see what kind of mood he is in then.

Sherm
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #9
Spyder

Although I am not one to invite trouble, if this kook ever tries to ram me, both him and his zodiak are getting f..ked up.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Good one. Simple solution - fight fire with fire.

At the top of your lungs, start yelling 'GAFF' over and over again, grab your gaff, and start paddling towards him, the whole time still yelling
'GAFF' at the top of your lungs.....lol

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #11
fishinjay

Haha. If I took the gaff I would of gaffed the zodiac.. You cant miss his boat, its the Hos with the dog barking on it.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #12
kareem korn

I met him too

He's on that crappy boat close to the channel? I had my son with me and my son was talking to his dog, he came out and started cussing at my son (13yo). I invited him to the beach to talk to me like that, but he was all bark and no action. I never met that crazy lady tho.........
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #13
fishinjay

Yea someone needs to jump on his boat and kicked him in the head
Old 06-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #14
Robert

Tidelands Crazies

I have had my share of run ins with some of those nutjobs down at Tidelands.
Personally I don't fish around the moored boats. There are better places to fish there in my opinion. That being said, the friggin nutjob is wrong telling you that you can't fish there. If that idiot threatens you again, call the Harbor Police. They will straighten his ass out.

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
clayfish

Tournement at Tideland's?????

Tournement at Tideland's?????
clayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #16
Sammy
Junior

Send a message via Yahoo to Sammy
Let's all get together and go kick his a$$ (just kidding folks)

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #17
h2ofishfo

yeah i seen that dog barking like crazy at me 6 in the am his dog & boat remind me of a seen outta of "water world" this guy is probaly drinkin his own piss
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote