Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
socalkayaks
Banned

new malibu kayak blue mini x - sold. sorry for upsetting some peeps

Sell two new Malibu kayaks mini x, blue in color, factory seconds due to color cosmetic blemish.

No seat or paddle. Available to meet in Los Angeles, buena park or claremont area.

Last edited by socalkayaks; 11-26-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: sold kayak
Old 11-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
socalkayaks
Banned

The standard model is sold.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
jruiz
Large Member

I know this goes against the rules of policing posts and threads and what not but when someone comes on this forum with nothing but for sale threads and stuff that's marked up 40% from what they could have been purchased just weeks ago seems a little bit off to me.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
StinkyMatt

Whatever that dude above me said.

Word.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
jruiz
Large Member

Suspicious is modifying the original post after reading ours.......
Old 11-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
socalkayaks
Banned

I have a normal username I use to discuss or provide input on these forums. I started this new name for selling new and used kayaks which I have found is a normal practice here. I have not found any policy i am breaking and if u find it please let me know. I have no problem running my business on craigslist as i have done for three years going and can stop using this site if found to be violating policy. People buy kayaks on here marked up all the time and yet u are surprised. People buy kayaks and upgrade all the time selling at almost new prices. It's the American way of adding up every dollar u can get if u have ever run business. Good luck bro.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
socalkayaks
Banned

Anyone can edit an original post. If they did not want you to do it it would have been a disable function.

To make the haters happy. My original price list was removed because no one,here on the for,sale forum relists or changes their sale price... Ever right???

Come on guys!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
Woodie044

so these kayaks were bought at a discounted price at the OEX parking lot sale a few weeks ago? And now they are being sold at a higher price with no seat, paddle, or any upgrades?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
socalkayaks
Banned

I predominately buy and sell used kayaks. I did buy these as extras and decided to sell them to offset my personal kayaks i bought for me. Not everyone was able to make it to the sale so im selling them no where close to market price and im disclosing that are blems. Do searches on other listings in this,forum and u will see real mark ups. Mine are no where close to that. Check for urself and then tell me,if u are holding me to a double,standard. Go on search blems and see that its,been happening but im the one who is called out on it yet mine not even marked up as others. Come on.. Give me a break..
Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
socalkayaks
Banned

So that i do not piss off the masses again. I will not list blems for sale at all. Sorry for upsetting the boys on here. What is intersting is i got a private message about buying it. So guess what its sold. Again sorry for pissing peeps off. Peace be with u on this thanksgiving week.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #11
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz
BWE has a policy of not policing for sale ad threads but they say nothing about pm's.

Don't short change yourself by offering too much for that mini x. That mini x sold for $209(no rod holders or hatch) brand new during the parking lot sale and being optimistic, I'd value the seat and paddle at $100. So he's really not accounting for any use and depreciation. Unless your desperate for a yak you're better of waiting it out for the next parking lot sale. See link below.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ht=parking+lot
Thanks for the info. Im kinda new to the world of kayaking. My buddy wants me to get one so he can show me all the good spots around the so cal area. Im new to cali. So thanks again

Buddy your not being singled out. I look out for my kayak homies all the same. Here's a pm I sent to a guy interested in another overpriced blem. Yes I agree there aren't a shortage of douchebags on this forum, for the most part they just speak their mind and piss people off. But to drag someone in that doesn't know any better and is just getting into the sport and raping them is not cool in my book. Do whatever you want on craiglist but many won't let that slide in here

There's two extremes of individuals I see here on the forum. The one extreme are people like makobob, rhyak, and wade just to name a few that try to better the kayak community and look out for their fellow brethren. The other extreme are the ones that look out for themselves and value making a profit off of their brethren. As far as forum rules and policy, sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #12
StinkyMatt

With me it came down to one thing only.

The owner, sponsor of this site sells kayaks. New and sometimes used.

You are running an ad for your business on their site!

That is the part that is not cool.

Private party ok. Business not ok.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #13
Raskal311

Is there a market for used kayak? I had a hard time selling a near new condition cobra that retails for over $1000 for $280.
Closed Thread