Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
screaming reel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to screaming reel
On google earth it looks as though the scripps reserve will end around Blacks proper. So it appears that north blacks and torry are still in the fishable zone. Am I right to assume this?
screaming reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #22
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORENZ View Post
Does north blacks stop at bathtub rock or the at the mussle rocks right before you get into nicked land.

post the map your talking about.
http://southcoast.marinemap.org/marinemap/

once it opens, click: MPAs, Arrays, and Proposals

go nine boxes down and click the box.

then, drill down by clicking on the map till you get to Scripps.

You'll see that the new reserve extends from the Pier to one mile north, which is just shy of the trail down from glider port. So if you like to fish nude, you're all set. If, on the otherhand you like to fish from your kayak in that area you're fucked.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #23
FISHIONADO

I'm grumpy and pissed off but after reading the stuff above I can see how difficult it is to learn about this stuff if you just now heard about it. Without following this fishing board I probably would not have had visibility to the bullshit we just saw and would not have attended the BTRF and Surfrider and City Council meetings.

Dsafety was dead-on with his last post.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #24
lamb

Tyler thanks for putting the maps and info up...

It is a real tragedy, but such a concise info in one place helps... if nothing else - get more easily depressed.

Please easy with political bs popaganda... it's boring, and has nothing to do with MLPA.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #25
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Thanks guys. You forgot Paul, MJ and the rest of our RSG members. They spent more time on this than any of us "civilians" that got involved.

dsafety hit it right on.

I am frustrated that even after putting up the info people want to know, and the maps and tools to figure things out, people are too lazy to do it themselves. A quick google search or search of these message boards will answer most questions anyone has. This apathy and lack of motivation is a big part of what got us into the mess we are in now. Too few people willing to sacrifice some of their own time to find out what is going on and ensure a better fishing future. Too few only care now that the final map has been proposed and it is awful, when it might be too late to make the big changes they now demand. Too many people waste time on fishing message boards arguing about useless shit and asking questions like "how do I catch a fish?" instead of working in a constructive way on this MLPA issue. Now that the process is entering the endgame, it is maddening to hear people come in late in the game saying they wished they could have helped, but they have a job and no time. We needed your participation 8 months ago. We still need it now, but we can't help but wonder where you have been the last year. The MLPA posts on all the fishing boards has been hard to miss, not to mention the fliers at tackle shops, landings etc.

All of us that got involved in the MLPA process have jobs, families, and other things we would like to spend time on. We all spent vacation time, sick time, and unpaid time off to make a difference. We got involved because the result will directly effect our lives. I would argue that whether McCain or Obama is president will have less of a direct effect on most of our lives than the closure of LJ, PV, or Malibu would. I still can't understand why so many of us, with so much at stake did nothing. I remember the gist of a quote that struck me as relevant to this. "We will remember not only the people out to get us, but the good people that did nothing and let it happen."

It's not too late to make a difference. Stay tuned to the boards for more info. It's not over, but we are closer to the end than the start.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 11-20-2009 at 12:10 PM.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #26
Billy V

It also makes me crazy to hear people come on this site asking MLPA Questions like they have been living On The Moon for the Past Year

-Please don't think you have a valid excuse because You Had To Work.
So did everybody else, just ask the guys who have no Vacation Time left for the Entire Year. Or guys who took off from work without pay for many of the meetings.

Unless you were dealing with a Medical Emergency, as some of us were, there is really no excuse.
-Unless I was sending Flowers to Your Funeral.-That would be a Valid Excuse.

We did everything possible including Bussing People to the Meetings for FREE, and sent them home with a Free Half Day Voucher for San Diego Sport Fishing Boats.

We literally printed and distributed Thousands of fliers like this. Up and Down the South Coast. Our brothers from Baytubers and Spearboard did the same. Tackle stores, launch ramps, Kayak Launch Sites, and more.

Read the Top Left Corner
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Relax Billy, you're no longer the Bully...you've been DETHRONED...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Wow...what sucks is that I actually remember those meetings...time flies when you're getting

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #28
Matt
Support your local pangas

And for the record EVERYONE SHOULD BE BITTER about being eaten alive and degraded by people who had the deck stacked from the beginning!!! IF YOU AREN'T ANGRY ABOUT IT I gotta say you apparently are on their side! All of the fish below are in the 30's and all were taken in a now banned area so YEAH I AM WAY ANGRY! If you didn't go to the meetings you may very well have missed your chance to consistently catch large YT in one of the now banned areas.....hope your stoked !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2170243.jpg (81.0 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg septfish.jpg (73.5 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg facebook 016.jpg (68.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0303.jpg (51.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 11-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #29
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

OK now... enough said.

Next subject:

Anyone for giving La Jolla a try next Friday? I for one could use some tips on fishing with iron or fishing deep, (I would love to catch a ling.)

If anyone is interested, please post or PM.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #30
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

02-28-2008, 03:27 PM #6
screaming reel
Junior

dorado, if that is the case, then I hope we never see reports from you again - keep your info to yourself and your pics and your reports and your advice. Anyone who has ever posted on the public fishing forums shares the blame for the increased fishing pressure at local spots. You have posted many times and draw in huge numbers of people to these spots. Post, post, post. Whine Whine Whine. Ha, Ha,Ha. - I don't get it.

Dang screamer...do not get me started...

What's the old saying?

"You find fault in others that which you see in yourself..."

You seem to have a blatant disrespect for those who offer advice, or who are trying to help others.

I cannot wait to read your response to this...and do not PM me, make it public...

Tman
Old 11-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #31
CurtyL

high horses? on this forum? no way.
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:15 AM   #32
Matt

personally any horse is fairly high for me as I not that tall, I hope everyone is bitter that they may lose a fishing area, it is pointless to get bitter at one another we are all on the same side so knock it off everybody!!!(and that means me too)

Now smile and laugh and go catch a fish and like I said before name it "Meg" or "ken" or "evan" or any name that coincides with the true enemy being any of the anti-fishing groups! And I hope I get to meet everybody at the DFG commission meeting and that everyone sends letters that would be the best xmas present I could or any fisherman could ask for!oh and hell yea lobster icon! I am off to go fishing now hope to see some or all of you on the water!!!

Last edited by Matt; 11-21-2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: dude ya gotta use the lobster icon! all hail the lobster icon
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #33
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming reel View Post
On google earth it looks as though the scripps reserve will end around Blacks proper. So it appears that north blacks and torry are still in the fishable zone. Am I right to assume this?

A wise man once told me, " If you think education is expensive and takes too much time try ignorance"
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #34
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming reel View Post
All you guys get off your high horses and relax.
Matt, I don't think they were talking about height of a person or height of a horse.

OK, I gotta come clean...many years ago, girlfriend and I Catherine, went down to Mex to do some camping. Place that had horses you could rent and ride down the beach...skinny fellas.
Well, one night after a buncha drinks, we decided to take a ride down the beach. After a while, we decided to dismount and have a few tokes.
Horses seemed to like the smell, so we aimed the exhales at their faces..never saw a horse smile before...
Rode back to the camp spot, and the ranchero said those exact same words...in Spanish of course..

'bájese de su caballo alto'

Good thing they had some hay for them, those dudes munched big time.

I don't know how you guys found out about this Screamer and CurtyL...wow.

I promise, that was the last time that I was on a high horse....

Tman
Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM   #35
CurtyL

I thought you guys were talking about horses on acid.
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #36
Matt

Oh man old no. 6 with the unicorns on the paper.........uhhhhh nevermind!

Look at all the pretty colors...................
Old 11-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #37
-scallywag-
Banned

Are you the same lorenz that does the dodge CTD's suspension kits? if you are, from one business owner to another, i would suggest not mixing political comments with your companies halfway respected name. And as others pointed out, this MLPA law and the MLPAI was put in place by a "Republican" office...go figure.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #38
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
If the MLPA closures are put into effect as they are currently proposed, we will all lose something that we treasure dearly. I, for one, plan to do everything I can to keep this from happening....To those tireless folks who have been leading this fight, please keep the fire lit under the rest of us and make sure we know how best to help support the cause.
I hear that
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #39
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Most websites like this have no politics rules for a reason. Many fishermen are Democrats and Republicans.

The only thing that is relevant in this discussion is the politics of the MLPA. Many Democrats, and Republicans are against us and for us.

Just a few. Someone else made a more complete list.

Against us
Governator (R)
DFG commissioner Benninghoven (R)
Christine Kehoe (D)

For us
Carl Demaio (R)
Sherri Lightner (D)
Nathan Fletcher (R)

Old 11-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #40
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Lorenz,
You are not helping us here. Arguing over broad partisan politics gets us no where. We need to stay specific to the MLPA topic. I am sure there are politics boards to argue the broader point.

This argument has nothing to do with what is actually happening in a couple weeks. The question for all of us is what are we doing in the next couple days to make things better? This is not helping.

btw,
This board has an ignore user feature.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 11-23-2009 at 07:44 PM.