Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
madscientist

LJ 8/11 AM

Back for more abuse this morning. Arne was at the launch and gave me some tips. I headed out to troll in deeper water for a change since nothing else is working. Caught a couple of bigger macs, one I stuck out on the flyline. Out from the hotel the fish finder shows lots of action on the bottom. Curious, I drop the megabait. Bang, big red rockfish, about a pound. Try again and this time its bigger, about 2.5. Drop again and whammo, this one is actually taking drag. Get it to 50ft feet when it gets off. Immediately drop back down and the stupid thing hits the jig again in 100ft. Get it up and its the biggest red I've ever seen (not that I've seen a lot), over 4lb I think. Felt like I was grouper fishing.

Proceeded to limit on nice reds, must have had about a 20lb stringer. Over to the kelp and while I'm filleting the catch the current finally starts moving. Bait all over but nothing bigger seen other than another sea turtle. Headed in when Adi informs me of some action outside. Oh well, too late. Saw psychopup for the first time in a while on the way in. No right kind, but at least I got some fish for the wife.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote