Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
dmrides

Nice fish and great report. Congrats on the PB.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #22
Mtobolsky
Loves his member

It was a great day indeed!! It was funny....we were having a bit of a time making bait until Steve rolled up like you said however you had some kind of nostradamus thing going on when it came to finding the YT. As you were buzzing by in your speedboat proclaiming that you were headed for "the spot" I had that gut feeling that I should have followed but instead I dropped a bait, let it hit the bottom and looked up to see you fully bent!!!!!! my freakin' jaw hit the deck! you must be like a shark with those ampulea of lorenzini on your nose.....you didn't just smell um you could sense there electrical field the way you jetted right for them.

hope the pics were ok....unfortunately just the iphone3gs so not the highest of quality......but that fish was a bruit....so good on ya for fishing him out of the ocean.

Mtobolsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #23
carbonbass

a great story and an even better angler, my hat is off to anyone who respects the ocean and its beautiful table fare as much as this person does.
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #24
SoundStrider
Junior

Hey Chris...This is Mike Nugent..I met you yesterday in La Jolla..nice fish, nice post, and thanks for the advice...didnt hook up with a YT yesterday, but I had a blast anyway.
SoundStrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #25
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

There are no words...

addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #26
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

nice fish... glad you got one.

We watched you drive your yak right by us in between all the power boats... nice work... despite your lack of respect.

Yakers need to learn that its not cool to drift in between boats on anchor. It amazes me how clueless some people are. Some of you guys were pretty rude out there. Keep a distance. I whitnessed some blatant disrespect this past week... not just from you Chris.

Internet reports suck!

The crowd went from 4 boats to 50 boats in 24 hours... I wonder what tomorrow will be like for?!?

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #27
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos ballenas View Post
Yakers need to learn that its not cool to drift in between boats on anchor. It amazes me how clueless some people are.
Boats need to learn that it's not cool to anchor up in an area that I plan on drfifting aimlessly through...

I was hoping that if I got close enough, you were going to lob me a beer
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #28
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

That place was so crowded by kayaks and powerboaters that it was very unpleasant feeling. I mean there was like a million powerboaters out there and 2 million kayaks including mine. On top of that when a yak gets a fish he has to manuever his yak away from running into other lines and or boats. I mean people had their huge house boats fishing. Ontop of that if a fish takes two lures from different people then you have to argue about whose fish that is.

Anyways I'll see you out there later this week And why do you !( Yes you know who u are)have to bring a 60 ft boat loaded with one person to the spot I mean come on!!(well honestly im just jealous, i hear you can actually use the restroom without taking a leak all over yourself)

It was like a circus.! I understand why kayakers keep there spots a secret, what I saw and experienced yesterday was a huge harvest kind of reminded me like the movie the cove when the Japanese fisherman boats drove the dolphins to the cove by staying in formation and making that drum sound.

By the way great fish and great navigation there too .! Those powerboaters were practically making a blockade. we were right there fishing and then like 4 boaters anchored right behind us. Next time we bring our air horns and paint guns. Attack of BWE gang, turf war 2011.

*the latter point of this paragraph is just for joking purposes*

Last edited by wiredantz; 06-20-2011 at 03:38 PM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #29
Mtobolsky
Loves his member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos ballenas View Post
nice fish... glad you got one.

We watched you drive your yak right by us in between all the power boats... nice work... despite your lack of respect.

Yakers need to learn that its not cool to drift in between boats on anchor. It amazes me how clueless some people are. Some of you guys were pretty rude out there. Keep a distance. I whitnessed some blatant disrespect this past week... not just from you Chris.

Internet reports suck!

The crowd went from 4 boats to 50 boats in 24 hours... I wonder what tomorrow will be like for?!?

What a dick head thing to say!!!!! Us yakers are the ones that do all the recon for you guys most of the time anyway and you lurk for signs and spring into action when someone drops a tasty morsel of info.

first off when its that freaking busy out there you cant help but get close to a boat or another kayaker.....i was sometimes feet away from other kayaks with no tangles or any stink eye....all of us seem to be cool. in fact despite the close proximity of everyone....i didnt see any tangles or issues. come to think of it....i dont think the fish have a problem with it either or engine sound for that matter....when i saw everyone get slammed it was right next the chubasco II.....the only thing that would have happened if people were closer was more people would have hooked up. Have some respect......shit....respect us kayakers and stay off our fishing grounds
Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
flydigital

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtobolsky View Post
What a dick head thing to say!!!!! Us yakers are the ones that do all the recon for you guys most of the time anyway and you lurk for signs and spring into action when someone drops a tasty morsel of info.

first off when its that freaking busy out there you cant help but get close to a boat or another kayaker.....i was sometimes feet away from other kayaks with no tangles or any stink eye....all of us seem to be cool. in fact despite the close proximity of everyone....i didnt see any tangles or issues. come to think of it....i dont think the fish have a problem with it either or engine sound for that matter....when i saw everyone get slammed it was right next the chubasco II.....the only thing that would have happened if people were closer was more people would have hooked up. Have some respect......shit....respect us kayakers and stay off our fishing grounds
+1

The blatant disrespect towards yakkers that I saw a couple evenings ago was pretty ridiculous. And I see it all the time. I am sick of PBs rolling right up on me if I am hooked up on something, trolling their lines within feet of me while I am trying to get a fish in. And it amazes me how often I hear pb'ers on the water talking about "I heard of a few kayak fish caught yesterday". Give respect if you expect it. If I have to paddle through a 1x1 mile fleet of 100 boats anchored 20 yards off each other just to get home (with my lines up) you can suck my left nut if you have a problem that I am there. Don't drop anchor in the middle of a circus and expect a 100 yard clearance from kayaks who have no where else to transit. You are bitching about the kayakers but saying nothing about the other 10 boats within 20 yards of you.
flydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #31
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydigital View Post
+1

The blatant disrespect towards yakkers that I saw a couple evenings ago was pretty ridiculous. And I see it all the time. I am sick of PBs rolling right up on me if I am hooked up on something, trolling their lines within feet of me while I am trying to get a fish in. And it amazes me how often I hear pb'ers on the water talking about "I heard of a few kayak fish caught yesterday". Give respect if you expect it. If I have to paddle through a 1x1 mile fleet of 100 boats anchored 20 yards off each other just to get home (with my lines up) you can suck my left nut if you have a problem that I am there. Don't drop anchor in the middle of a circus and expect a 100 yard clearance from kayaks who have no where else to transit. You are bitching about the kayakers but saying nothing about the other 10 boats within 20 yards of you.
Amen

Welcome to Summer

Last edited by wiredantz; 06-20-2011 at 01:03 PM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #32
Hypoxic1

Hmmm

Im not exactly sure what this person is talking about but thats ok. I am always sure to be well clear of other peoples lines etc. I deliberately went to the perimiter because of the density of the powerboats. There are numerous times I have been out on the water alone only to have a powerboat bear down on me like I was a target at 25 knots.

The story here is for the newguy or the frustrated fisherman, not an oppurtunity to jack a thread because of some percieved wrong doing, which I dont believe happened. The closest boat to me was Chubasco, and only when my fish ran that way did I get closer than about 100 yards.

In addition, while fighting my fish I am always careful to maneuver my boat away from other vessels so there is no conflict.

Dos ballenas, If you ever want to discuss proper etiquette on the water, send me a pm.

To all of the other folks, thanks for the great comments.
Tight lines

Last edited by Hypoxic1; 06-20-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: subject
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #33
Mtobolsky
Loves his member

You Know what they say, a poor craftsman always blames his tools.......in this case a bad fisherman is blaming others........ My vote is to ban this pb'r lurked! What do you say moderators?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #34
steveooo

Dick Head?
Lurker?
Our Fishing Grounds?
Clown?
Idiot?
Bad Fisherman?

You guys really are clueless...
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #35
radastaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
Nice, saw you at the launch, making bait, and rapidly heading in without sunglasses on with that nice YT on the back of the YAk as I was heading out......congrats!

My highlight was grabbing a BSB that a private boat lost a hold on that was belly up, and 15 feet off their stern.... grabbbed it by the mouth and peddled with it along side the yak until it was good to go....their catch and my release.......

thats cool
i watch that fight
nice big bass

i managed a small thresher
and stayed out until late afternoon
for a nice fight on a mysteryfish
and some open spaces

and congrats on those nice fish
i wish it was me
next time

Last edited by radastaff; 06-20-2011 at 03:49 PM.
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #36
Handymansd
Ancient Member

CONGRATS ON SOME NICE FISH
:s ifone:

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #37
StinkyMatt

Talking

It is not "OUR FISHING GROUNDS"

Everyone should have the exact same rights, power boater or kayaker.

If you are nice and respectful....it does not matter what vessel you are on.

You can find idiots on kayaks and power boats.

It is summer,
flat
weekend

If you think that you can have a PRIME San Diego (So. Cal) fishing spot to yourself you are likely in for a lot of frustration.

Lets be polite and nice to eachother, even if someone else makes a mistake or just does not know any better.

It is just fishing.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #38
-scallywag-
Banned

Congrats on your first solo (without a guide?) fish!!!!

Obviously your mentor left a few thing out of his lessions...or maybe you weren't paying attention?

I mean seriously even the goofs on the pb sites have had enough sense to keep thier keyboards quiet....may you loose every fish for the rest of the year to anchor lines!

-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #39
Regor
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
It is not "OUR FISHING GROUNDS"

Everyone should have the exact same rights, power boater or kayaker.

If you are nice and respectful....it does not matter what vessel you are on.

You can find idiots on kayaks and power boats.

It is summer,
flat
weekend

If you think that you can have a PRIME San Diego (So. Cal) fishing spot to yourself you are likely in for a lot of frustration.

Lets be polite and nice to eachother, even if someone else makes a mistake or just does not know any better.

It is just fishing.

Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #40
pchen911

Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
I mean seriously even the goofs on the pb sites have had enough sense to keep thier keyboards quiet....may you loose every fish for the rest of the year to anchor lines!
Awwww.... that wasn't nice.
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote