Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I am soooooo ready

Wrong forum, please move you ad to the classified section!

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #22
DanaPT

I can't imagine the type of attention one would have to bring to themselves to get a cop to stop a kayaker on the water cause of a beer in their hand.

I'd bet $1.54 that no one on this site has ever been given a DUI while paddeling or peddeling on the water. UNLESS of course you and your kayak ended up washed out to sea and the USCG and local law enforcement/public safety were out looking for your drunken passed out ass. Or you get hit by a boat (your fault or not).

IF I'm wrong, and someone has been busted for drinking while, going to or coming from fishing, I'll pay the $1.54. Cold hard cash and coin.

You'll just have to come up here are get it. OR if you are near la jolla, just call when me when the bite is WFO and I'll meet you on the water down there.

DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
Redeyejedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
So if I'm reading the laws correctly I can drink a beer while piloting my seaplane*?

*I don't own a seaplane, but if I did I'd wear my beer helmet
that's how i read it too. all's i need to now, add some wings and a prop to the yak and i think we're golden.
Redeyejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Just for the record I was not drunk and I was only "high" on camraderie.....
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #25
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Careful, Seaplanes come under the FAA rules. My backround is from the U.S. Dept. of Transportation. Coast Guard & Harbor Patrol usually don't worry about Kayakers cause you are not likely to ram and sink a boat or kill a swimmer. As previously mentioned, unless you get messed up and don't return when scheduled and someone reports you missing, cause your passed out in your yak, then you'll have a problem and a large SAR (search and rescue) bill from the Coast Guard not to mention a free stay @ the local jail overnight.
Drinking while operating a motorized vessel is a different thing. That's treated like a motor vehicle DUI violation. Boat registration suspended and possibly DMV License, depending on Judge and probation.
Just my .02
FFY.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #26
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
i rarely miss a chance to crack a cold one out there. there is something about being out on a calm, sunny day....relax, watch the shore-circus, take in the coastline, and perhaps even get some line in the water.

also, there is a difference between getting drunk and having a few brews over a day on the water.
BUSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Dunno if it's legal or not but I can say for sure that putting it in Nalgene bottles make it look less beer-y to anybody that may care
BUSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Just Drink your beer and smoke your weeed...no big deal...just don't be stupid! That's my opinion!
BUSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR6RR View Post
daym. been breaking the law all this time...
BUSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrewski View Post
it's not legal only if they catch you, been doing it for years, just be discreet, get a Starbucks on the way keep the cup and pour beer into it.
BUSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
juth dthrink your weed anth schmoke yer beer.
andth donth be sthuped.
BUSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd one View Post
I go to a lot of concerts at Humphrey's By The Bay, on my kayak. I'm going to Crosby Stills and Nash Saturday night. I sit out there and have a few beers and enjoy the free show. I never thought I was braking the law. it's not a motor vehicle. If I am, 80% of the boats out there are too.
BUSTED

YOU'RE ALL BUSTED. Hands behind your backs.
Now, for safety and LEGAL reasons.... I'll be commandeering your beer.

And, your

Sorry. It's my job, nothing you can do about it....

Now I know who to look for on the water. Didn't anyone ever teach you, be careful what you post on the interwebs!

Last edited by Drake; 09-27-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #27
tacmik

I'll be comendearing your beer.

And didn't anyone ever tell you to use spell check?
Guess I'll have to "commandeer" the B & B (beer and bugs) from you.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #28
raffman55

I spent many a day on the bay, cracked many a beer, drank scotch and tequila (at diferent times), while enjoying a cigar, paddling about. Polce boat passed me on many occasions, never an issue. Navy boats, the same. Not an issue for me any longer anyways, as I gave up drinking a year ago. Enjoy.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #29
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffman55 View Post
I spent many a day on the bay, cracked many a beer, drank scotch and tequila (at diferent times), while enjoying a cigar, paddling about. Polce boat passed me on many occasions, never an issue. Navy boats, the same. Not an issue for me any longer anyways, as I gave up drinking a year ago. Enjoy.
BUSTED
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
steveooo

There is no open container laws on a boat in the CA ocean. While it is not illegal to crack a cold one, it is illegal to operate the vessel while impaired or under the influence. Don't be drunk OTW, don't blow more than a .08, or act stupid enough to give them a reason to deem you "under the influence", and you will be fine.

Getting legal advice from strangers on the internet? #Winning!

steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #31
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
There is no open container laws on a boat in the CA ocean. While it is not illegal to crack a cold one, it is illegal to operate the vessel while impaired or under the influence. Don't be drunk OTW, don't blow more than a .08, or act stupid enough to give them a reason to deem you "under the influence", and you will be fine.

Getting legal advice from strangers on the internet? #Winning!
BUSTED

But you put me on my first WSB so I'll let you off with a warning
Old 09-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #32
maui jim

Lets go Jeorge!!!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #33
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
Lets go Jeorge!!!!!
fo-shizzo-my-nizzo

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #34
Dannowar

Man, I was so stoned the first time I paddled out. Surf launch on an ocean 6 foot. Rods in scupper holes. Sittin in water. Didn't flip once.
Dannowar is offline   Reply With Quote