Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
lamb

catching up

Just got back from 3 weeks trip from my home town in Bosnia. My mom picked up a fight with the cancer and I went back to help out my folks. She had a surgery and is recovering very well. She is a fighter and a winner, I have no doubts everything will be fine. Thank you all for your best wishes and prayers.

Slowly but surely, my home town is being rebuilt. There was an old joke in my hometown way before the silly war – asked about what would we do if the Old Bridge, 500 year old architectural miracle made out of stone, would collapse? The answer was we would have built even an older one…

The Old Bridge fell victim to the Bosnian war. With an aid of international community, the people of Mostar got the new Old Bridge going.

My old family’s house, caught up on the very front line between the 2 fighting sides, is still the same it was when I left for the States. All of my family has settled elsewhere. Our fig tree is doing very well.

Stopped by my in laws on Croatia’s Adriatic coast for a couple of days. I was happy to find them in good health. Went out with my father in law to check the fish traps. We brought back a tasty lunch.

I’ve seen quite a few coasts around the world, but the rich beauty and tranquility of Croatia’s Adriatic Sea is hard to beat. 9 ft deep water:

Still buzzing from the jet leg, sneaked out on my yak on Saturday. Spoke to my mom on my way to LJ – she wished I catch a big one.

Late 6:30 AM launch for a last chance for some June WCW points. 2+ short interval sets were pounding. I had to wait a while to catch a break. I got lucky and got out with only one in my lap.

Went North to avoid the crowds. Warm, clear and blue water with schools of sardines and greenies all over.

While loading up on bait, something heavy took me on a sleigh ride on 15# test…

Surprise T-shark pup on a sabiki…

As I was trying to release him, my halibut rig took of screaming on a light drag… Left the poor T-pup hanging while I started pumping up the promising headshakes…

Hello Hello Hello to the big beaverlamb. Handled with care, gaffed through the belly for no movement… The fish was on the clip and tied to the yak when it started violently thrashing soaking me up and filling up my yak with the water.

My biggest halibut ever - 37.5# on Dana cert scale.

Hammered the crap out of that general area for not a single beaver bite for the rest of the day…

We hooked up with the ladies on the beach and spent the rest of the day enjoying beautiful day and warm water.

Prototype of the new Mailbu eX front hatch:

GAME ON!!!

Great to be back home (San Diego that is).