Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
habanero

Thanks Josh!

After spending the majority of my life as a recreational fisherman, like many others I took some pride in the skills I picked up over the years. This would include years of sight fishing clear cold Trout streams with a fly rod imitating local patterns, to fishing territorial Tiger Musky where they should be just as the barometer falls. Over time the hours spent in fresh water began to run parallel with my hours in the salt. I've caught many Yellowtail off the kayak over the years and even got lucky with a random beast of a White Seabass last year. Despite all the time spent comparing notes with other experienced fisherman who had limited time on the water as well, I feel luck held dominance on my catch. I can honestly say I had not yet felt the satisfaction one gets from landing the intended saltwater target as I knew from fishing freshwater. I think luck will always have a part in fishing success but this website proves we would all like to hedge our bets. I'd love to say that my inshore fishing is starting to gel by my own determination, but that wouldn't be true. I owe a big thanks to The Darkhorse (Josh Pruitt) for upping my skills. I'm one of those victims of the latest economy and consequently find my self with more time then money; arguably a great problem to have. In these tough times one might have to think outside the box and get creative to maximize my multimedia skills. After I looked at Josh's website I couldn't help but think a little trade might be in order. The idea of a win-win situation was proposed; I build him a new website trading my skills and knowledge for some professional fishing tips and tricks, and this is what I got!

Sure, I could of accidentally pedaled out this day and somehow went all the way to this one spot away from any known structure...but it sure was nice getting a call instead.

Then there was this one epic day with hardly a soul on the water. Josh had these fish located and knew what time they were going to bite, tide change mid-afternoon. Even considering the amount of free time I have these days I can't be on the water as much as this guy. I managed to hook five this afternoon, kept three, serious sore arms fun! This was my best Kayak Yellowtail day ever! Josh pleaded with me not to post this photo, saying "it would send chills up the spine of every angler up the coast and screamed squid bite". This wasn't a squid bite and occurred miles off the typical grounds. By pure coincidence, my personal computer was experiencing technical difficulties and I probably saved kayak anglers thousands of dollars in gas. Sometimes it's priceless little bits of information which prove that fishing is sometimes more black and white than shades of gray.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't have caught this amazing fish without some things that have been brought to my attention recently. Besides the fact that I had to go buy a new ice-chest from Costco to fit this bad boy, I don't have to worry about the ghost fever for a while. I hope you enjoy my part of the trade, Josh. Thanks for the call, again. Without a doubt, this was the best money I never spent!
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote