Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
YakDout
Brandon

Good to be home...

Well guys, I'm currently pedaling in from the Carlsbad lagoon. It has been a crazy couple days for me. Wasn't sure if I still had a home until yesterday.

With 20 ft flames less than 1000 yards away from my door the other day, I literally put my shirt on while running to my truck. Didn't have time to grab anything more than my wallet, keys, passport, and girlfriend. Drove straight to my moms house to grab my little sister while flames were encroaching upon their house as well.

My girlfriends family took my whole family in and helped us with the necessities that we no longer had. Watched countless hours of news to see if my house had caught fire.

Meanwhile my older sister was delivering a baby at palomar hospital that almost got evacuated. I am now an uncle

So i drove yesterday to check out if I could get in and the cops let us in. I stayed the night there but I had to park 3/4 of a mile down the road at a nearby hospital and walk in. Woke up this morning at home and really wanted to fish. I ended up carrying the kayak from my complex to the hospital. An hour ago my friend texted me saying after 3 days they had opened the road to drive into my complex, and I am super stoked I don't have to carry my PA back up twin oaks valley road.

If you're wondering why I posted this in fishing reports, well because I caught the biggest WSB I've ever caught 15 minutes ago.

Well ok it was also the first WSB I've ever caught .

Good to be home..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Awesome, sounds like a great day
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
cell128
lizard king

Glad your OK and congrats! Great wsb!! Troll him back to his bigger friends lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
Mike scales

'Twas an epic battle my friend... All 15 seconds of it. Lol
Glad you get to go home and not have to face that hill with your PA.
Let's fish again soon!
Bass on the fly.
Mike scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
Cbad Mike

I'm happy to hear that you and your family are safe congratulations on becoming an uncle to the new little one.
Thanks for taking the time out of what I'm sure has been a stressful time to write and share your report.
I love the picture of your kayak parked in front of the office!

Old 05-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #6
DennisMorgan

Congratulations on becoming an uncle.... Very happy to hear everyone is safe and homes are ok!!!! What a great feeling to be back on the water brother!

Old 05-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
naru
Junior

Hey YakDout, just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you and your fam are all okay.We were affected as well by the wildfires-def too close for comfort. Our home is located really close to the ignition point. The fires literally came inches too our community. One home wasn't so lucky and lost the roof and third floor. Big ups to the fire crew and the brave neighbors that stayed behind to fight the inferno. It's still so unreal. I'm so happy and grateful we could fish another day. Cheers and congrats to being an Uncle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Well guys, I'm currently pedaling in from the Carlsbad lagoon. It has been a crazy couple days for me. Wasn't sure if I still had a home until yesterday.

With 20 ft flames less than 1000 yards away from my door the other day, I literally put my shirt on while running to my truck. Didn't have time to grab anything more than my wallet, keys, passport, and girlfriend. Drove straight to my moms house to grab my little sister while flames were encroaching upon their house as well.

My girlfriends family took my whole family in and helped us with the necessities that we no longer had. Watched countless hours of news to see if my house had caught fire.

Meanwhile my older sister was delivering a baby at palomar hospital that almost got evacuated. I am now an uncle

So i drove yesterday to check out if I could get in and the cops let us in. I stayed the night there but I had to park 3/4 of a mile down the road at a nearby hospital and walk in. Woke up this morning at home and really wanted to fish. I ended up carrying the kayak from my complex to the hospital. An hour ago my friend texted me saying after 3 days they had opened the road to drive into my complex, and I am super stoked I don't have to carry my PA back up twin oaks valley road.

If you're wondering why I posted this in fishing reports, well because I caught the biggest WSB I've ever caught 15 minutes ago.

Well ok it was also the first WSB I've ever caught .

Good to be home..

naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #8
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Glad you and your family are safe and your home was spared. And congrats on the new family member.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #9
Amish Ed

Glad everyone and everything is ok. Thanks for the report.