Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #21
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Anybody got any planes? We can fly right in

Lots of open areas to fish

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #22
svendawg

Wow

Looking at the area on the video has got me more excited about the trip down there in March and April.
That area looks beautiful and the water looked very kayak friendly,
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #23
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Welcome aboard Sven

Really glad to see you can make it. I know it will be fun and definately a first for me!

J
Old 02-08-2014, 02:54 AM   #24
GregAndrew

Another note about the fishing down there is keep your eyes out for lines of small floats, there are gill nets below. They can be hard to spot at times.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #25
619-SWIM-DOG

I have to cancel. My moms bday is on the 22nd. I found out last night we are having a surprise party.

Last edited by 619-SWIM-DOG; 02-09-2014 at 07:43 AM.
619-SWIM-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #26
VGB
Junior

Duuuudes

and Duddettes...that looks amazing!
VGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #27
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
March Gonzaga/Las Encantadas

Yesterday, Sunday 9 Feb a lease WAS signed on a property in Campo Las Encantadas. Located at km 134, about 100 miles south of San Felipe. Just 10 miles north of Gonzaga Bay. The road is in excellent condition, going non stop from the border it is just under 6 hours from San Diego. The last 1/2 mile is off road but any vechile can do it. 4 wheel drive is needed to drive the beach. High tide we are 300 feet to the Sea of Cortez. If going to Gonzaga the last 8 km are off road as construction is still going on. Going down we went through Mexicali, we returned on a Sunday afternoon so we crossed at Tecate, just over 1 hour crossing time, so much better than the 2+ hours in Mexicali and 3+ in TJ.
We hope to have 1st floor enclosed by end of May. Before pictures to be posted this week.

For Mermaids trip we should have use of the house next door for support, bathroom, and shower, and if needed cooking, and sleeping.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #28
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Here's the view directly from the front. Launch in minutes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front View.jpg (30.5 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg Happy Men.jpg (44.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg Front View me.jpg (61.0 KB, 145 views)

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #29
walrus

Paradise!!
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #30
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Wally, thank you for your generous donation of 2x4's. They will help jump start the project. We should be well along when you come down in April. Thank you, thank you again.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #31
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Thumbs down Bummer...

Boys, it is with great regret that I let you know, I can't do march with you. Life has gotten the way. Fortunately though it is in a good way. So have fun and I do plan on a Baja trip sometime this summer.

Janine
Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #32
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post
Boys, it is with great regret that I let you know, I can't do march with you. Life has gotten the way. Fortunately though it is in a good way. So have fun and I do plan on a Baja trip sometime this summer.

Janine
MERMAID, you just broke a bunch of hearts! We will miss you on this trip, but we will catch you on another one. Have a Happy Birthday.

Guys this trip is still on, we could go earlier or stay later, just let me know. I know I might stay a few days longer and do some work on the project. Hope to see you all there. I will pm you all this week.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #33
walrus

Las Encantadas and Punta Bufero
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #34
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Wally, thanks again for the picture. Headed back down this weekend with building supplies. 1st trip of many to get materials down there. Move a little sand, general clean up, the start of the project. PARADISE FOUND, Hope to host some of you down here soon.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 02-23-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #35
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Wally, thanks again for the picture. Headed back down this weekend with building supplies. 1st trip of many to get materials down there. Move a little sand, general clean up, the start of the project. PARADISE FOUND, Hope to host some of you down here soon.
On 8-9th of March 8 people are going down to Las Encantadas for a construction weekend, we hope to frame two of the four walls and maybe frame the bathroom and move more wind blown sand from the back of our place to the beach. Definately a working weekend. All the siding and 100 2"x4"s will be going down with us, so we should be able to get this accomplished.

The 20-24th of March will be a FISHING TRIP, Svendawg, Chuck D, Battleborn, and Makobob are going, ANYONE else interested in this trip, we need you to step up now so we can get our meals planned. Thanks guys.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #36
bigbarrels

Hi Bob,

This trip still open for others?

I'm heading down on a surf trip MArch 21st -27th to the Seven Sisters area (400 miles south on the Pacific Side). This is a swell dependent trip and if no surf going to convert it into a kayak fishing trip. Want to head down to Baja whether there is swell or not. I would just be arriving a day later if there is space for others? I have never fished that section of the Cortez but have fished a lot of areas south of Mulege.

Tom
Old 02-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #37
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
Hi Bob,

This trip still open for others?

I'm heading down on a surf trip MArch 21st -27th to the Seven Sisters area (400 miles south on the Pacific Side). This is a swell dependent trip and if no surf going to convert it into a kayak fishing trip. Want to head down to Baja whether there is swell or not. I would just be arriving a day later if there is space for others? I have never fished that section of the Cortez but have fished a lot of areas south of Mulege.

Tom
Yes this trip is open, just need to know you are coming down, and when to expect you. We will have meals planned but can always add your supplies to ours and make it work. We have 4 nights so maybe steaks, shrimp, fish and cheese burgers in paradise for the last night. Lunch meat/cheese for lunches, eggs, omlets, pancakes with bacon, sausage for breakfasts. pretty easy.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 02-24-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #38
bigbarrels

Great, thank you! Plan according to your group and I will know the week of if I will be surfing or kayak fishing (have to check swell). I will bring all of my own food, water, etc. I would be pulling in on the 21st and staying down that way until the 27th. Would love to meet up but I unfortunately would only be able to go to Gonzaga if no surf on the Pacific side...couple of the guys only surf and that trip drops if no swell but I still want to go to Baja regardless......likely just me and one other guy in that case......thank you and I will know around the 15th of MArch.....

Tom
Old 02-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #39
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
Great, thank you! Plan according to your group and I will know the week of if I will be surfing or kayak fishing (have to check swell). I will bring all of my own food, water, etc. I would be pulling in on the 21st and staying down that way until the 27th. Would love to meet up but I unfortunately would only be able to go to Gonzaga if no surf on the Pacific side...couple of the guys only surf and that trip drops if no swell but I still want to go to Baja regardless......likely just me and one other guy in that case......thank you and I will know around the 15th of MArch.....

Tom
Tom, I put you on as a possible for this trip, hoping to hear from you around the 15th. Battleborn just had life get in the way, so he will not be joining us for this trip. As of 25th of Feb the anglers are Chuck D, Svendawg, Bigbarrels and friend and myself, looks like we are going to have 10 miles of reef to ourselves. BTW the road is now open ALL THE WAY to Gonzaga bay. I have room in my truck for one angler with kayak and gear, There is even room for your PA 14 if you have one. First one to respond gets this seat.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #40
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
looks like we are going to have 10 miles of reef to ourselves.
Just wondering, is it legal to fish the reefs there? Walrus posted some regs last week that say something about reefs prohibited. http://bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=20950
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote