Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #41
DaveC

I have been off of the water for quite some time due to a job change (going back to work). I think I have wet a line maybe three times since June 1st. However I still will make my contribution to the Arne/Brad/Andy/etc. fund next year. I like reading the reports and getting the recent intel for the times I can make it out. It's my way of participating.

As for rule changes, I liked the format this year, I don't know that I would tinker with it much. The weighing of one exotic I thought was pretty cool. Reading the report from the lamb crew's paddie hopping sounded like fun. My brother is about done with a project boat that would be a perfect mothership for offshore paddie hopping. All I have to do is convince him to do it.

One thing I thought might be kind of fun would be to identify a few of the tournaments such as Dana, the Moyer and BWE's tourney and count fish submitted there as double points for the WCW. It would give people a chance to possibly make up some ground.

Regardless, I'll sign up next year.

Dave
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #42
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:
The reel ironman was cool. Next year how about doing the same thing, but with swim baits. Any lead head with a plastic fish body type lure?
Plasticman it shall be for 07 Tyler, good idea
I was thinking about the different "catagories" of lures we could do this with.

Spoons? for spoonman?

Bucktails, irons, plastis, crankbaits/plugs were the only ones I could think of.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #43
Corey

What about the banjo minnow or the flying lure?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #44
Corey

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. It's good for us to have feedback on what could make WCW better in '07.

We have set the rules for WCW 2007, and there will be some changes for this season. First off, the start date of WCW will be changed. WCW '07 will begin with a BWE Kickoff Tournament on May 19 at LJ shores. So everyone, go out and enjoy some "no-pressure" fishing this winter and we'll kick things off with a bang as things heat up in May.

As for the rest of the details......................................

Check your stockings on Christmas morning. :santa:
Old 12-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #45
Iceman
Administrator

It only took about 4 hours to bang it all out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #46
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:
The reel ironman was cool. Next year how about doing the same thing, but with swim baits. Any lead head with a plastic fish body type lure?
Plasticman it shall be for 07 Tyler, good idea
I was thinking about the different "catagories" of lures we could do this with.

Spoons? for spoonman?

Bucktails, irons, plastis, crankbaits/plugs were the only ones I could think of.
How about sabiki man.... No seriously... :lol:
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:45 PM   #47
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

I forgot about the sabiki. I have hooked some cool stuff on mine, if only that yt wouldn't have popped off, and yes it was hooked on a size 6 sabiki hook :shock: . I am kind of dissapointed about the late WCW start this year. oh well :scratch: . I am still entering of course. Looking to improve in my second year.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #48
madscientist

I, for one, need a break. And a chance to work on my shark fishing technique. 8)
Old 12-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #49
DESTROYER

I 've got to say that WCW was a great idea. I remember when Big Water's Edge was dying. WCW really brought it back. I for one don't care what the format is. I always join to give support. You guys have been good to me since starting this website. Keep it going and keep changing the rules to keep it fresh. I agree with Brad....Some of the fish that are being submitted are not even close to being whoppers. Bring Back the WHOPPERs!

P.S. Brad- Bass are not Trash :lol: :lol: You don't eat trash! I've noticed that you enjoy the Flakie White Meat :twisted: :twisted:

WHOPPERS>>>>>WHOPPERS>>>>>>WHOPPERS!!!!!!

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #50
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

i know that Corey already posted on the other thread saying the rules for WCW 2007 were set.

after reading thru all the posts of THIS thread again..... i can see the interests of many to keep the WCW a "big fish only" species event. and keeping in line with the original West Coast WHOPPER tourney concept, and the WHOPPER name, this certainly is logical and likely best for WCW 2007 and beyond. (I'm sure BWE is way ahead of me there. )

even if allowing ONLY big fish species to count in WCW competition, hopefully BWE tweaks the other rules of WCW 2007 to allow more parody in the event. as was the entire motivation of A&J when starting this thread, such parody would make the tourney grow in popularity, and thus in size.

additionally, A&J and this thread did introduce a great concept of having some form of an "All fish Species -All year Tourney" type of format. this is probably not applicable to incorporate into a tourney conceived upon anglers catching WHOPPER fish.... but it certainly could be a good idea for some other future tournament event in the So Cal kayak fishing community.

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:40 AM   #51
esdees
The Good Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobie-Pedaller
A&J and this thread did introduce a great concept of having some form of an "All fish Species -All year Tourney" type of format. this is probably not applicable to incorporate into a tourney conceived upon anglers catching WHOPPER fish.... but it certainly could be a good idea for some other future tournament event in the So Cal kayak fishing community.
Isn't that close to what Sammons is doing?

-Patrick
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #52
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

esdees,

Jim has a new event for 2007 which is a "monthly" competition, and it only considers one species per monthly contest. and the winner is random between the top 6 biggest fish per species submitted.

the "all fish - all year" type of event discussed earlier in this thread is a format something similiar to WCW 2006 where the entrants could accumulate points all year long, or at least over an extended time period. but it would also allow points to be awarded for all species of fish caught.

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:03 AM   #53
madscientist

I remember when I started fishing and every fish I caught was a big deal, at least to me. But the more I put time in and observed the other fisherman around me, the more I realized that catching A fish is no big deal, but catching THE fish is what it's all about. What THE fish is depends upon the individual, but when like minded anglers get together it's unspoken. Or carefully described by a set of rules. :lol:
Old 12-17-2006, 07:26 AM   #54
Jim Sammons LJKF

Our tournament is more random, with any species eligible and not necessarily the biggest one winning, but the monthly winners and the person with the biggest fish each month will be in a drawing for a stay at Punta Colorada at the end of the year. Our tournament is very relaxed with zero entry fee. As much to get the guys who don't go after the big fish or the newbies a way to participate in a tourny.

I planned on entering WCW this year, not that I ever get chance to fish by myself, because it is a Big fish only tournament and the guys from here always support the Moyer event.
I think there should be standards for what is a whopper though. A twelve pound Yellow or 20 WSB or 10 pound Halibut is no a whopper. Just my opinion but I think there should be minimum sizes set.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #55
Grego

Good stuff...I'll enter
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote