Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
FISHIONADO

11/30 LJ AM

Small surf, clear water, lots of bait, no big fish. Launched at 7:00am, caught jumbo greenbacks straight out and just past the reserve buoy. Kept one flylined and the other bouncing on the bottom. Worked the kelp line and Anchor Rock area for nada, saw birds working near the pier so I made my way over to one of the winter yoyo spots and then the canyon buoy near the mushroom house. Very clear water over there, I could see the bottom in 20' of water. Bounced a couple of baits up and down the beach first at 30' and then 15'. Fished the pier area for a while, many schools of bait fish visible, then landed around Noon. Winds were light, beer was cold.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Fished the yoyo 10-2 for 2 small bonito and one that felt like the right kind. It made a good run (only time the drags slipped all month :roll: ) and then the hook pulled. North of the hotel 120 feet. Awesome conditions.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Sounds like it's on for the weekend. How cold was it this morning? I remember last December when it was 35 F at the launch one morning.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
FISHIONADO

The air felt like it was below 40 when I launched, it made the water feel warm at 60-61. Be careful with the Santa Ana winds blowing you out to sea this week.

It was good to catch bait again, I metered balls both near the cove kelp and from the pier up to the Scripps Canyon buoy. I hadn't had much luck getting bait on recent trips.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote