Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2022, 10:04 PM   #19
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
If there's anyone that's able to accomplish this it's definitely this man here. I bet your heart was pounding when that foamer rolled up right next to you, mine was anyways. I thought you were in FL? Did you move back to Cali or are/were you visiting (excuse my ignorance, I'm off and on visiting this board)? Congrats on accomplishing the old man and the sea challenge with a triple digit bluefin, amazing!
I was excited for sure. We’d been keeping track of them for several days and I was finally able to get out early. First foamer popped up and I went in expecting 50lb class fish and was met with giants. Couldn’t get them to bite and they sunk out after about 15 mins of following them. I called my buddy (in the boat) and he was just launching and found another foamer on the way to my position and I went to meet them. Then we followed them up the coast. I ended up losing 3 and boating the one and they got I think 3 that day and many more the days leading up and after.
Im in California now. I was in Japan after Florida and now here again.