Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
Denis_Ruso

What A Deal

I am just rigging up my just bought kayak. I go the Sport Chalet by my house to pick up a cheap paddle and seat. I get there and I pick out a paddle and get stumped by the lack of options in kayak seats. Sorting through the crappy seats I start to think I really want a comfortable kayak seat. My eye falls on a tallback and I opt for the most expensive one they have. It's a tallback Summit to Surf brand with thick straps and a small pack with rod holders. Price Tag:129.99. Finally caving in and deciding to buy after 20 minutes deliberating. I come up to to the cash register and I am pleasantly surprised when the manager rings it up and says it's on sale for 20.00$. .

I know it's not the best seat, but still what a deal!Behold!

Anyone have any experience with this seat?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.3 KB, 278 views)
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
ccacher1

I have that exact seat in my Malibu Stealth. Love having the high back and has served me very well. I had lower back surgery a couple years ago and needed something with a lot of support. Think I spent $100 on mine though so you got a great deal. Good seat in my opinion... GREAT seat for $20. I use the rod holders to put my gaff in. The zipper pouch on the back is a nice feature as well.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
easyday

If I may offer some advice. The cheap paddle is fine for now, but a nice paddle will really make a world of a difference after a long day. When I started kayaking I had a cheap sports chalet paddle and it was fine. Then I upgraded and wow what a difference. Get all your safety equipment squared away first. Then do yourself a favor and get a nice paddle.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
Gunner58

Which sports chalet was that at? I need a new seat for my yak and that one looks great. Really great for 20 bucks
Gunner58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
Yakkid
"Broke like a joke"

smoking deal where at need a new seat
Yakkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:46 PM   #6
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccacher1 View Post
I have that exact seat in my Malibu Stealth. Love having the high back and has served me very well. I had lower back surgery a couple years ago and needed something with a lot of support. Think I spent $100 on mine though so you got a great deal. Good seat in my opinion... GREAT seat for $20. I use the rod holders to put my gaff in. The zipper pouch on the back is a nice feature as well.
Good to hear it gives good back support! I was pleasantly surprised, could have been a mistake but she scanned the tag and the tag said 129.99.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
If I may offer some advice. The cheap paddle is fine for now, but a nice paddle will really make a world of a difference after a long day. When I started kayaking I had a cheap sports chalet paddle and it was fine. Then I upgraded and wow what a difference. Get all your safety equipment squared away first. Then do yourself a favor and get a nice paddle.
Yea I've been out before and you're right it will make a hell of a difference. I'm staying pretty close to shore for now so it will do. I figured I'd buy cheap now and snag a nice used one off here and when. Thanks for the tip!

As far a safety gear what would you say is a necessaty in your opinion and have you ever had to use any of it?

P.S guys I bought it at the sport chalet in Fallbrook,CA but It was the last one on the shelf. Good luck hunting hope you can score a deal!
Old 05-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #8
ironcross6921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post

P.S guys I bought it at the sport chalet in Fallbrook,CA but It was the last one on the shelf. Good luck hunting hope you can score a deal!
First Ive heard of a Sports Chalet in my town?
ironcross6921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:49 AM   #9
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcross6921 View Post
First Ive heard of a Sports Chalet in my town?
I it's technically West Hills on Fallbrook Ave. Always though that are was called Fallbrook haha.