Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #21
socal.beach.bum

Congrats on your Ghost!

As for all the haters, all I can say is "F" them. I never understood this whole territorial secretive BS when it comes to fishing. When it comes down to it, if you don't have the skill set to catch a trophy fish, you can be dead center in the middle of a boil and still leave empty handed.

If everyone hoards info and does nothing but rations out info to their inner circle...there is no way this sport is going to grow.

Personally I think the more the merrier, the ocean is big enough to support a few more kayakers on the water. Heck this entire Board wouldn't exist if all we had on here were hoarders.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #22
skrilla

"too long since on the ocean"

Way to make your time BACK on the water count.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #23
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Just to clarify before people get offended (perhaps I'm too late for this) - my post about La Jolla becoming a zoo was in jest, in case the smileys and congratulations were ignored by those of you who choose to be offended.

There is such a thing as finding haters everywhere because that's what you're looking-for.
Ever buy a new car/watch/whatever and then in the weeks following your oh-so-cool purchase, you start noticing everyone that has the same car/watch/whatever?

La Jolla is going to become a zoo whether he posted this report or-not. Even if his post makes a few people decide they want to fish La Jolla this weekend, they will be a minuscule percentage of the people who are going to be out there anyway.

Blaming big crowds on his post is like telling people not to fart during a tornado because it'll just add to the winds and help blow down that orphanage that has all the one-eyed, one-armed children.

I for one, deeply appreciate these reports, not only for the composition, the pictures, or the hope, but also because I'm sitting in an office most of the time when you guys are out doing what I wish I was doing.

I ever catch something interesting, you guys can be sure it'll be up here before my catch shows up on the dinner table.

Apologies for the threadjack.

Last edited by addicted2sp33d; 05-23-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Apologies for the threadjack.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #24
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d View Post
Just to clarify before people get offended (perhaps I'm too late for this) - my post about La Jolla becoming a zoo was in jest, in case the smileys and congratulations were ignored by those of you who choose to be offended.

There is such a thing as finding haters everywhere because that's what you're looking-for.
Ever buy a new car/watch/whatever and then in the weeks following your oh-so-cool purchase, you start noticing everyone that has the same car/watch/whatever?

La Jolla is going to become a zoo whether he posted this report or-not. Even if his post makes a few people decide they want to fish La Jolla this weekend, they will be a minuscule percentage of the people who are going to be out there anyway.

Blaming big crowds on his post is like telling people not to fart during a tornado because it'll just add to the winds and help blow down that orphanage that has all the one-eyed, one-armed children.

I for one, deeply appreciate these reports, not only for the composition, the pictures, or the hope, but also because I'm sitting in an office most of the time when you guys are out doing what I wish I was doing.

I ever catch something interesting, you guys can be sure it'll be up here before my catch shows up on the dinner table.

Apologies for the threadjack.
I think most of the smart ones knew your first post was in jest with the and icons.
It's the others that may be holding their tongues at this point. Personally, I'm tired of the Kayak Fishing Reports a month or two later, showing toads and how they finally decided to use so and so's guide service. How are those so-called reports supposed to be beneficial to those that don't use a guide, which still amounts to the majority that are members of this website?
Aaron
Old 05-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #25
captnblood34

I want to know where you get your nails done... kidding.

I too plan between my kids and wife's school/work.sports. Great catch, good on you.
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #26
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
I think most of the smart ones knew your first post was in jest with the and icons.
It's the others that may be holding their tongues at this point. Personally, I'm tired of the Kayak Fishing Reports a month or two later, showing toads and how they finally decided to use so and so's guide service. How are those so-called reports supposed to be beneficial to those that don't use a guide, which still amounts to the majority that are members of this website?
Aaron
With all due respect, shouldn't you know enough people now to where you know what's happening in the water EVERYDAY in la jolla?

What I love about kayak fishing is the chance to network with some of san Diego's best fishermen And collect intel by word of mouth, not by hitting refresh in the reports section 20 times a day.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #27
captnblood34

Ehhhhh, I've been at it for sometime now and no one "tells" me S*&%.
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #28
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21

Last edited by William Novotny; 05-23-2014 at 10:22 AM.
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #29
CKallday71

One of the reasons I LOVE having Mid Week days off is that I rarely have to deal with the Zoo!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #30
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
With all due respect, shouldn't you know enough people now to where you know what's happening in the water EVERYDAY in la jolla?

What I love about kayak fishing is the chance to network with some of san Diego's best fishermen And collect intel by word of mouth, not by hitting refresh in the reports section 20 times a day.
The reports page is the Web browser home screen on my phone

Old 05-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #31
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post
You are not alone, happens to most of us. So options are, post what you catch when you catch it and hope it inspires others to do the same. Don't post. Join a group of active fishermen and fish together as part of the in crowd. Form your own code group and invite others. Fish every day you can. Hire a guide and go back to school. OR go to Baja and catch EASY fish. Lot's of choices, no really good answer. Best of luck.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #32
Dannowar

F****kin bob. Once these damn kids turn 18 and my wife leaves me for someone who likes her more than fishing....I'm gonna be your next door neighbor

That being said. Just renewed my passport. I'm almost ready for a Baja expedition!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #33
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
F****kin bob. Once these damn kids turn 18 and my wife leaves me for someone who likes her more than fishing....I'm gonna be your next door neighbor

That being said. Just renewed my passport. I'm almost ready for a Baja expedition!!!
If the kids are over 6 or 7 just bring them with you, maybe the wife too. About time we organized a family trip to Baja. San Quintin starts a week from today.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #34
BillyBass
Junior

I think I am going to have to open up my own live bait shop on the water after all I must have the best fin bait around evidently, last week on thursday I met and helped Marvin catch some nice sized macs, left him alone to head outside, came back by him wishing him luck on my way in and 30 minutes later he popped his cherry with his first ever yellow tail !!! So wanting to spread the my lucky macs around on the way back in yesterday I saw someone (Cliff) heading out as I was heading in, I stopped him and offered up my bait tank on greenies and wished him luck as well and guess what ?? a WSB came a calling on one of those special lucky macs !!! So if you see me in my beige outback and straw hat heading in come on over and get some lucky bait. Hopefully these good deeds will have some value to the fish gods, I sure could use some.

Tight lines !!!
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #35
StinkyMatt

Congrats on a great catch!

Ohhhh my gosh...a sunny summer weekend in San Diego........there are other fishermen out there!

Oh no!

STFU!
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #36
Cbad Mike

Thanks for the report! And Congratulations on that fatty.
I've been planning on getting out there before the holiday rush so I'm heading there in an hour right after I shower and shave!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #37
Aaron&Julie

Quote:

I am not the social person you are, and I don't know what's going on day to day, from the superficial contacts you've attained.

But, from day one of my kayaking experience and saltwater experiences, I've shared every bit of knowledge I've attained freely with others, equipment, techniques, and reports without hesitation, to those wishing to learn this sport. It's been that way since I was 8 years old (45 years now), and will be until I die. You're free to do what you will...

What I love about kayak fishing is the willingness of those that are experienced is to share what we know. We share what we know, tough surf, an open mother ocean that can take us where we don't want to go, the nature of mother ocean to show us "our family" in the dolphins and the whales, and when we so fortunate as Seaquin was, to reward us with her bounty. Our lives are short, can we ask for more?

I feel this is a defense, I'm tired of this shit. Suck face you bastards that don't know what it is like 10 years ago.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #38
dorado50

Who really cares what happen 10 years ago?. Don't know about others but I haven't learned a damn thing from you except that you don't use a sonar and you have been fishing for a hundred years!Your rhetoric is getting old.....move on

In addition to: the OP's catch is even more significant because it was not caught in a "wide open bite". Nice job and catch!.

Last edited by dorado50; 05-23-2014 at 09:05 PM.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #39
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Every time someone posts a fish pic on this site everyone shits a sideways brick. If this summer pans out to be as good as everyone is hoping, people may die.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #40
Cbad Mike

To AaronJulie .... LOL.... I guess I'm a bastard because I wasn't right here standing on the beach at the launch ten years ago.
What a stupid thing to say as you now sit on your computer.
LOL....
Thank you for your "insight"

Last edited by Cbad Mike; 05-23-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote