Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

Ascend Kayaks

My goal is to buy an Ocean Kayak Trident 15 but I still have a lot of learning to do and right now my budget does not allow me to buy the trident. This weekend my wife and I have ventured to Vegas, and I see this
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

Have any of you heard anything about them? This one is 12' long, 31" wide, and 56 pounds. Not much different from the cobra that I had. The only think However when i was looking inside it I thought I saw some safety foam inside which would limit the storage space inside the Kayak. I'm not sure if that was in there just for show, or what. I would like to look at it again to see what that really was in there. Anyway, I just thought I'd see what you all thought of these.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Useful Idiot

Most important thing to look at in these off brands is whether or not it's rotomolded. Most are not, hence the cheaper price tag, but they don't last nearly as long as a rotomolded kayak.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
Jimmyz123

My biggest thoughts have been if I wait, and if my budget right now is $500, I know I can find a yak on Craigslist for that price and it very well may be a trusted type of Kayak.

I read a lot of nice reviews of the Kayak, but when a company doesn't list the bad responses then you have to wonder where the problems are.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Ascend Kayak? Not having an center hatch would be a deal killer for me. Where are you going to store your tackle?

If you only have $500 to spend, look for a gently used kayak. There are hundreds available in that price range. Just be patient.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Ascend Kayak? Not having an center hatch would be a deal killer for me. Where are you going to store your tackle?

If you only have $500 to spend, look for a gently used kayak. There are hundreds available in that price range. Just be patient.

Bob
That's exactly what I'm going to do. There's not enough storage it's just not what I'm wanting to invest money into.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
prowlerdude

If you can wait till summer is over I find that a lot of people dump kayaks pretty cheap.
prowlerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #7
Siebler

We have a Cobra Fish and Dive with a sonar, and wheels for 650.00. If I were you id just save a little bit more and do something like that over buy a boat your going to have a hard time reselling when you get tired of.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Jimmyz123

Thanks all for the info. I agree 100% with all of you. I'm going to save up and get the yak I want and not mess with it anymore. I'd rather buy the one I want and not mess with getting something I'm just going to sell or dislike.

I knew if I passed that all by yall it would confirm what I was already thinking.