Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
buddha

LAST CALL for Bahia Asuncion December 26-January 3rd FINAL UPDATE 12/8

LAST CALL For Anyone Interested In This Trip.

If you want to go on this trip and have meals with us please let us know before 12/15.

Anyone that is still interested in the trip should get a hold of Makobob or myself.

This is going to be a fantastic trip as we are going at the peak time down there.

There is plenty of room for people that want to camp near the house at San Roque or if you want to rent another accommodation you would need to do it fast as this is the peak season.

Please let us know if you are interested in this trip and get together.

DATES ARE SET:

We are leaving on December 26th and arrive in Bahia Asuncion on the 27th and will be back on January 5th.

If you want to leave earlier or stay later that is no problem.

Ok We are filled with 4 people for the San Rogue house.

If you want to tent camp next to the house it is 5 bucks/night.

If you want to rent another house you need to get a hold of Shari as this is peak season.

http://bahiaasuncion.com/php/index.p...tpage&Itemid=1

http://bahiaasuncionmexico.wordpress.com/

Fishing is great all year long here and is good everywhere also.

Surf fishing is very good and a lot of halibut.

Kayak fishing is very good.

Panga fishing is great.

October to December is the peak season and they get busy but january the fishing is just about peak.

Yellowtail fishing was awesome last January and the calico bass bite is epic.

Shari the owner has a New Year's Party, potluck, dancing etc you will be invited to of course!!! It's a blast."

I think this could be an amazing trip and one that we might do a few times a year.

So far Makobob, Svendawg, Rossman, and Buddha are in for this trip.

Last edited by buddha; 12-08-2013 at 05:55 PM.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

This gives me time to get my passport card and planning done. Im a bare bones tent guy and can do with basics.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
OK guys, here is the start for January 2014, Jeff and I are both on board, TELL us what dates you want! This trip will be 7-10 days for us, however you can stay longer or come back sooner. It is a full day drive down, so a 7 day trip should be 5 days of possible fishing. Looks like William will be joining us also. We still need a start date. We will update this weekly as others want to join us! Expect to catch: Calicos to 15lbs, Bonita to 10 lbs, Yellowtail to 40lbs, Hailbut from the beach.

SAN Roque house has been RENTED. Tenters can pay $5 per night upon arrival in Asuncion. Two spots available in house, about $110.00 for the week. Contact Bob or Jeff San Roque house is FULL, or you could get a house in town from Shari.

This trip is CONFIRMED!

Anglers are:

Buddha, house
Makobob, house
William Novotny, tenting
Svendawg, house
Rossman, house
Dbrogdon, tenting
Shawn, tenting
Jason
Josh
Beergillz

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 11-15-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: update
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
dorado50

So obviously you will be targeting bottom fish in January. All I can say is dress very, very warm. It should be quite cold there off the pacific! If you camp on beach try to hook up a space heater.....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
buddha

They get yellowtail all through January and parts of February.

Depending on what week in January the daytime temps will be mid 70s and higher.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

YES, bass, barracuda, yellow tail, halibut, and we will have a great time! Should be a very good trip. Hope to see you there with us.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
So obviously you will be targeting bottom fish in January. All I can say is dress very, very warm. It should be quite cold there off the pacific! If you camp on beach try to hook up a space heater.....
Here was last January's weather: http://www.accuweather.com/en/mx/bah...onyr=1/01/2013

Here is a report from january

"Capt. Juan Arce started off the New Year successfully with clients catching 30-40 lb. yellowtails on the troll very close to Asuncion. The weather was super and fishing...even better!"
Old 09-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
dorado50

That was a good year for sure! Hot weather and YT in January is the bomb. Have fun..........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
svendawg

I'm interested

Sounds like a good trip. I'm interested.
I'm retired so my schedule is usually wide open.
I can do tent, truck camper or go in on renting a house
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

My name is Bob aka makobob, Jeff is buddha, William is William, a BIG welcome aboard to svendawg. So far everyone is open with dates to go, so will wait to see if someone wants to go and needs certain dates. Should be an AWESOME trip. Yellows, and the biggest calico bass in the world!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I would most likely be interested in this trip. I'll probably take two days to get there cuz I have a couple spots I want to investigate on the way down and I want to hit the road from highway 1 to BA in the daylight. Looks like at least 12 hr's of drive time to get to BA. I'm also retired so I'm pretty flexible on the timing of the trip.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
danjor

You know some of us are envious of your flexible schedules to go fishing. I have only gone kayaking once this year! I miss 2011 I had almost 100 kayak trips that year.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
619-SWIM-DOG

Looks like fun times.. I wish to do something like this once things get settled. I might be going to San Felipe a bunch while I'm here in SD so plan to test out those waters.
619-SWIM-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Gonzaga Bay April 2014

Do yourself a favor and drive past San Felippe and go to Gonzaga and get some real fish. I am going to set up a trip to Gonzaga for April. Expect to catch,
Bay Bass, Trigger fish, Corvina, Pargo, Grouper, and White sea Bass. Best month for most of these species. Come down and join us or put your name on the list. Tight lines and bloody gaffs!

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I agree about skipping San F and continuing to Gonzaga. Aiwas down there with 10 other takers in May and the fishing was outstanding. Super highway from Puertecitos to GB.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
buddha

Ok I am thinking of doing this trip just after Christmas if that works for everyone. I plan on staying 7-10 days with Bob. Fishing should be great at this time of year. We plan on renting a small humble house called the San Rogue that would only cost 250 for the week.

So for 5 people that would be 50 bucks a piece.

This house is spartan and has no water or power.

It is right on the water and secluded and about 5-6 miles from town. The pangas are parked right outside the house.

You can pitch a tent there if you like also for 10 bucks a night. Anyone that wants better accommodations they will cost more but you will have hot water and power and nicer accommodations and be right next to town.

http://bahiaasuncion.com/php/index.p...d=14&Itemid=28

Last edited by buddha; 09-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #17
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Ok I am thinking of doing this trip just after Christmas if that works for everyone. I plan on staying 7-10 days with Bob. Fishing should be great at this time of year. We plan on renting a small house that would only cost 250 for the week. You can pitch a tent there if you like also.
The house has 3 beds and a futon, you can check it out on the 1st post in this thread. It is the San Roque rustic. 6-7 miles out of town. Paddle out to Isla San Roque is two miles, kelp beds end here, no kelp further south. Or you can make arraingements for a room or house in town. We have to bring our own water, which can be bought in town. NO ELECTRICITY we are off the grid here.
If you need to be in town the two good houses hold 5 persons. and are $700 and $900 for a week. All are close to the water. Also hotel with rooms. Beach camping is also at all 3 places. $5-10 per night. Groceries, water, beer in town, good eating too. If you want something HARD to drink you need to bring it with you.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
dbrogdon5

ok so i am thinking i may be in for this trip as well. I need to figure out a couple of things but please let me know dates when you figure them out! thanks Makobob!
dbrogdon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
taggermike

I've been wanting to fish Accuncion for years. Cash and time are always the mitigating factors. Damn it.
Baja has so many places to fish that are ideal for the kayak. Just looking at a map gives so many fishing ideas. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #20
makobob
Baitless on Baja

taggermike, tent camping will be 5 per night, so $35 for the week. If you car pool with someone, fuel costs get cut for both of you, auto insurance is about a dollar a day if you have a full years policy. We have been invited to the town's New Years party. No matter where you are you have to eat, why not in Baja!

The San Roque house is PAID for the week 28-29 Dec arrival, we can stay a couple extra days for FREE. Sleeps 4 but 3 are already paid for, tent camping is $5 per tent per night payable upon arrival at Asuncion. We were invited to the town's new years party. Of course you could stay in town if you wanted.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 09-25-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: update