Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
wade

"Attack Of The Seal"

** No seals were harmed or harrassed in the making of this video**

(only Wade was, and I'm filing an official incident report with the California DFG tomorrow!)

Earmuffs for the children at 14 minutes!!!

Went out Sunday morning with my buddy Nåm, to see one of the nicest sunrises ever..
Squid was difficult to obtain (finally)..Hopefully its a sign we are back to the fin-baits.
(I was just ready to start collecting private donations for Outer Banks Tim to come clean out these cephalopods once and for all!.)
A longgggggg day, & no love Sunday..

&....

Since Sunday was so beautiful, I arose to the same alarm Monday, and we hit LJ again even harder & longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..
Fifteen + hours on the water..Once again, the candy proved even harder to make. I barely scraped up four little ones.. I did my twenty passes around the commercial zone for bupkis..
Then in the afternoon I had enough of the pungent skunk stench permeating around me, and thought of the impending Red closure..
I ran into DH later on where we began an assault on the Rocks.
I had 2 things on my mind..The first was searching for my first Red. Mission accomplished! Thanks again Josh! The second goal was to locate, kill & eat a Sculpin for what one of his cousins did to me last winter in Dana Point.
(In 2009, I was lobstering out deep in Dana, and mistakenly scooped out the kelp from a trap and didn't notice a small Sculpin in the weeds while cleaning out my hoop nets. He hit the top of my right hand, and I had to paddle back in one handed, in excruciating pain.)
On my way in, you will notice quite some commotion in the video!?..
@ 14:30 seconds you will see the Pirate try and board my ship.
I was minding my own business filming "just" the beautiful sunset when the little bastard decided to jack me!!
The filthy thief of a seal (they all are) try and flip my kayak over!
Isnt it easier eating in the kelp for him? No. He feels the need to follow me out to 300+' in search of a free dinner..What nerve!
He saw my game clip on my side with five of the tastiest mini-treats destined for my dinner table. He was barking and screaming all around me pissed off because I took "his" game clip away! Then he tried to hop on my yak from both sides 3 times!!
He lost.
Wade 5 / Seal 0

"Waste Not, Taco Want!"..

F.U. SCULPIN!!!!!!

Last edited by wade; 12-14-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: I had to cook the fish for the taco photo..
wade is offline   Reply With Quote