Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
jorluivil

LJ 4/3

And the skunk continues.

LJ 0-6

Last edited by jorluivil; 04-03-2011 at 06:11 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
GBF

At least you got out!! That's a very good thing!!

GBF
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

If it makes you feel any better, i suck at fishing
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Way to get out there....thanks for the report.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Rusty

If I kept a log of my hours otw and the fish I've got, I'd quit... only if they weren't enormous awesome uber exotic fish caught locally. Keep your eye on the prize and enjoy it to the fullest once you get it, from the fish initially biting the bait, to the drag ripping of your reel, to first seeing color and asking yourself, "OMG how am I going to gaff this enormous thing," to the drag ripping of the reel again, to sticking em, getting em up on your lap, paddling in with a big 'ole grin on your face, tourists drilling you for goofy information, your neighbors saying "HOLY POO!!! You caught that on what?", filleting it up, seasoning it, cooking it, and sharing a feast with good friends... a beast you hunted down, caught and fought all on your own.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
If I kept a log of my hours otw and the fish I've got, I'd quit... only if they weren't enormous awesome uber exotic fish caught locally. Keep your eye on the prize and enjoy it to the fullest once you get it, from the fish initially biting the bait, to the drag ripping of your reel, to first seeing color and asking yourself, "OMG how am I going to gaff this enormous thing," to the drag ripping of the reel again, to sticking em, getting em up on your lap, paddling in with a big 'ole grin on your face, tourists drilling you for goofy information, your neighbors saying "HOLY POO!!! You caught that on what?", filleting it up, seasoning it, cooking it, and sharing a feast with good friends... a beast you hunted down, caught and fought all on your own.

If this isn't the most motivational fishing speach I've heard then I don't know what is.

On that note....I'm hoping to return this weekend, possibly Sunday due to my work schedule. Anyone from the LA/OC want to join and split fuel cost? I can fit two yaks on my rack and a third in the bed if needed.

Last edited by jorluivil; 04-05-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

That speech motivated me too!!! Im pumped up for another weekend of fishing!
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
T Bone

To quote Han Solo..."Never tell me the odds!"

I was 2 years into LJ before catching a glory fish,probably 20 trips or so.It was all worth it to get that first fish.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
theluckypig

me too... 0-6...
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
Pescavore1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

I've thought about quitting many times during my first couple of years. Many HAVE given up.

You didn't mention showing off your catch on BWE, chance of being on the front page, the spontaneous grin on your face for several days for reasons not apparent to others around you, etc. So many reasons not to give up.
Pescavore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #11
Rusty

Glad I could motivate! Hahaha.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
dondon86

Don't worry bout it George Im sure quite a few of us still got a big fat 0 on our records still. By the way it was cool meeting you on the water last Sunday and you having to play lifeguard rescuing my kayak after flipping on that 6' foot wave. Haha
dondon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondon86 View Post
Don't worry bout it George Im sure quite a few of us still got a big fat 0 on our records still. By the way it was cool meeting you on the water last Sunday and you having to play lifeguard rescuing my kayak after flipping on that 6' foot wave. Haha

Yeah, nice chatting with you but I thought we'd agreed to say to it was a 10 footer
Old 04-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
If this isn't the most motivational fishing speach I've heard then I don't know what is.

On that note....I'm hoping to return this weekend, possibly Sunday due to my work schedule. Anyone from the LA/OC want to join and split fuel cost? I can fit two yaks on my rack and a third in the bed if needed.
ill keep you in mind in the future if you go again if you dont mind a first timer at la jolla.
sammysamsam is offline   Reply With Quote