Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Chuck D

Tue/Fri Fish Report and Fish ID

So I went out tue and got some candy to drop down in about 120ft off the kelp line and ended up getting a bit by something off my flyline squid. I felt it herk and jerk but it seemed to come quietly to the yak. Reeled her in and it was a nice size Yellow. I almost got my gaf in him after a 2 min lull to the surface, no dice. This sleeping beauty saw my gaf and zip zangled all the way to Mexico. I did end up bringing him in 20min later. 27 lbs, sleeper fish. Great day.

Friday was a little different. Bait everywhere and I mean everywhere, birds were having a field day. I go two massive barracuda and a 5ft blue shark which was circling my kayak for about an hour before he decided to eat my favorite glow in the dark jig. Didn't get pics of those guys, but am curious as to what this fat black guy is. Got him off the bottom, I think he is some sort of Perch, what do you guys think?
Attached Images

Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote