Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 05-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
RAYMO
new YAKER

It was a RED MONDAY

This morn at L J was dreary at best only a few went out into the washing machine. Geez the the forecast was a tad off!! knee slappers at launch. went to my closest marker for some rocks. No baccaccios which surprises me usually make my limit with three and some thrown back. Made 9 outta 10 for my limit all Vermillions, with a couple of pigs before 1100. Then the wind picked up and white caps started to appear, TIME TO GTTFO!!! took the waves backward to shore made it a little easier. Saw someone who came in as well who told me a kayaker got tossed into the water and needed help, hope he made it ok. Got home and heard the news stations giving a nasty forecast for the ocean, glad I missed most of it
Attached Images

RAYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
mckenzie

What more did you hear on the guy getting tossed. I'm thinking of braving it tomorrow, really early!
mckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
tsugg
LOWSPARK

Bad days

A great fisherman once told me, there's to many good days to fish, why fish on the bad days. My two centavos
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
RAYMO
new YAKER

Be careful, it looked messy and I took a chance got messier later, I heard the guy had to be rescued and all was well. But info second hand
Old 05-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #5
Johnny Bluefish
Junior

Yes I got tossed, rudder broke turned left into wave yard sell PFD auto inflated pull my water filled wander ass to surface. No real damage other than my pride and pocketbook. Both will recover in time. Word to the wise be a live wear your PFD.
Johnny Bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #6
Nic D

good food right there

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #7
RAYMO
new YAKER

Geez!! glad u made it back !!! Yeah I was fishing due west of the pier near a bloated dead seal happened to be on my GPS spot. I was a kinda nervous abt going out, but saw the caps and wind pick up made it bk by 12.