Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #41
scwafish

Sorry it took so long to get some pics up. Agian this is nothing special, but I tried to take the basic pump dragger style and add a little to it to clean it up.

I use a clear blue 3.5 gallon tank. Same dimensions as a 5 gallon, just a little lower, a little less weight. I like the clear as you can see and select your bait. I just cut a hole in a snap on lid and then make a small slot to hold my bait net handle.

Since loose wires bug the hell out of me I drill two small holes in the outlet of the pump and route the wires into the outlet. This way I can run the wires up the inside of the hose. One less thing dangling off of the yak.

The wires run up the hose and then come out of two holes in the sprayhead. They seall easily with a dab of goop. Then the wires go into a clear loom and under the rim to the battery pack.

The pattery pack is made with a Lock and Lock and it bolts to the other side. A water proof toggle on the top makes for easy on/off.

Inside the pack is a 4.5 ah 6v and a marine fuse holder with a 5 amp fuse. The 6v to a 12v pump provides stepped down flow which is ideal for this size bucket. At half voltage this will run non-stop for about 8 hours.

Anyways, thats my Norteno interpretation of the So Cal tank. Uncluttered, self contained, and works great[/quote]
scwafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #42
dbitte

I think I'll stick to the old Plano bucket. The kayatank is cool, but where are you supposed to keep the beer!!
dbitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #43
DrDirt
Junior

For nmbrinkman: There is a kayatank for the FnD. I have one in mine, but the pattern is new. he hasn't got it up on the website yet, but he's got the tank. It goes right in that round hatch, just like you said.
DrDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #44
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbitte
I think I'll stick to the old Plano bucket. The kayatank is cool, but where are you supposed to keep the beer!!
I keep my beer in the kayatank. The bait doesn't drink much and it keeps it cool.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #45
Mo

Quote:
nmbrinkman Posted: why can't there be a kayatank for fish n dives? They have the round hatch that seems perfect for a tank.
Mo here from AYS . As Dr. Dirt has said, I do have a KayaTank for the FnD. Dr. Dirt got the first one , and I am doing a production run on them this week. I have 11 models of KayaTanks now, and the website will be updated with all the new models soon! :lol:

Here are some photos of the KayaTank for the Fnd. It's an awesome tank for sure, and the Cobra line of kayaks is going to have many more KayaTank models soon. Installatin is available to anyone able to get their kayak to my shop in the north county San Diego. Just send me an email or give me a call. Of course you can install it yourself too!

You can also get them installed by Brian at the OEX Malibu shop down on Rosecrans in San Diego. Brian does good work.

Ron Lane at FastLane Sailing Center is also kind enough to stock a couple Hobie Kayaks complete with the KayaTank installed.

If you have any questions :?: , don't hesitate to drop me a note :!:

Late Mo

Old 05-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #46
Dennis

Mo or Art,
Got one for a WSystems, yet?
-Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #47
Mo

Sorry Dennis :cry: ,

The WS kayaks use the condom style hatch lids :shock: , and there is no flat area to seal the KayaTank :cry: to the underside of the deck. WS needs to rethink the hatch and interior access of the kayaks if the KayaTank is going to work inside them. Too bad too, cause they are popular and fast, but lack good hatches and interior access.

Mo
Old 05-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #48
Dennis

No worries, Mo. Yeah, I too was looking at my deck/layout and figured it would be tough to find a flat spot for a Kayatank. Thanks anyway.
-Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #49
aguachico

Dennis; that kinda sucks. I was just looking at their WWW and the 140/160 look like nice rides and layouts. I'm wondering if the rear hatch lid can be changed? Can it hold a fat ass like me? I'd like to test the WS out this year after I lose 30#'s :roll:

AC
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote