Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
TJones

Feces in yak

Anyone stick a yellowtail in the hull of a kayak , only to have the victim crap postmortem? This is not the first time I have had a yellowtail crap on me. Maybe I should have kept him on deck for a little bit prior to sticking him in the hull? What came out of the fish was a concoction of red crab and mackerel, brewing in the summer sun on the way home during the peak hours of LA traffic. The traffic was not as bad as anticipated, maybe because I took a few pits stops such as nap and a dinner break. Yes it still took 4 hours to get home. The fish of course were put in a cooler with ice for the journey home . What a surprise awaiting me when I went to partially clean equipment this morning . This is the first time I stuck a fish in the hull of a hobie , let alone close to 50 lbs of yellows squirting their guts out. Would I do it again ? Yes , because the fish are well protected from the elements given I did not bring a burlap sack, let alone the dogs grabbing your price which is what really worries me after hearing some of the horror stories that have taken place . Maybe this is just my way of breaking the skunk on the new yak ? And yes I have been in a dry spell. Maybe it is because Chuck took all of my Ju Ju with my 2014? Thanks Chuck. . Congrats again. Anyone else want to share on similar experience feel free to join in .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote