Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
flytuber4
Bay Destroyer

Rig new kayak?

Well for the last 2 years I haven't been kayak fishing because I had a boat. I recently got a new 22" center console and within hours of owning it, need to sell it because of loosing my storage spot at my office (long story, will tell if someone wants to hear it)..... So that being said I have a 2011/12 ride 115 and now a 2015 x factor. I was hoping to see what everyone else did to rig their kayaks with rod holders, bait tanks fish finders etc to give me some different ideas of where to mount stuff.

I will most likely be putting the bait tank in the front hatch of the x factor and I have a vittles vault bait tank in my ride 115 already. My end goal is to have two kayaks rigged for fishing the bay, and la jolla so my girlfriend can use one and ill use the other.

Thanks in advance!
~Reagan
flytuber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:50 AM   #2
Oxbeast1210

whats the story?

do you have the fishfibders already?
Oxbeast1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
flytuber4
Bay Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbeast1210 View Post
whats the story?

do you have the fishfibders already?

Backstory is my family owns a office building above downtown with a view of the ocean. There is a parking garage under the building and a parking lot/driveway in front to get to the parking garage ramp. Well, long story short. The city owns the driveway portion cuz its a street technically but legally they have to grant you access to your property. Well now some greedy city person and judge was paid off and they are taking away the driveway which leaves no access to the garage and takes away alot of parking because they claim they are going to make a park out of the kot next door and the driveway area.... this is 3 blocks from balboa park the biggest park on the west coast! So what they are really doing is forcing us out so they can wait a year and say they dont have the funds to build a park and then sell to a contractor for more condos....
so how does that relate to the boat? There is an enclosed area in the garahe we kept my dads duck boat, atvs etc and now all that is coming home so there is no room for my center console and I cant afford to pay rent to keep it somewhere. So im back to kayak fishing which isnt that bad haha. Ill get another boat in a few years when I open up my auto shop.

And no dont have the fishfinders yet. I use to have a elite 4x
Old 02-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

I am working on an X Factor right now, plumb the front center hatch, fish finder on front edge of that hatch or on one of the side rails.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
flytuber4
Bay Destroyer

What fish finder is that?
Old 02-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Elite 5 HDI with the optional cover
Old 02-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
flytuber4
Bay Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Elite 5 HDI with the optional cover
Ah cool. Yea fish finder wise im in debate over which model to go with. Heard someone talking about a raymarine unit? Seen so many different ones on kayaks but most seem to have a version of the elite 4.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #8
StinkyMatt

Post pictures of girlfriend.

So we can help you with the kayak rigging.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:04 PM   #9
flytuber4
Bay Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Post pictures of girlfriend.

So we can help you with the kayak rigging.
Haha yeaaa no :P Nice try though.lol
Old 02-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #10
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I am working on an X Factor right now, plumb the front center hatch, fish finder on front edge of that hatch or on one of the side rails.
Go with the side rails IMO. I hated having mine in the center on my old yak, it was right where I wanted to set gear down and I didn't like having to look down while paddling. I didn't want it in the way of getting bait on my xfactor so I went the side rail and it's working out very well.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #11
ceviche eater

Nice Andy! is my kayak?
ceviche eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:24 PM   #12
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytuber4 View Post
Backstory is my family owns a office building above downtown with a view of the ocean. There is a parking garage under the building and a parking lot/driveway in front to get to the parking garage ramp. Well, long story short. The city owns the driveway portion cuz its a street technically but legally they have to grant you access to your property. Well now some greedy city person and judge was paid off and they are taking away the driveway which leaves no access to the garage and takes away alot of parking because they claim they are going to make a park out of the kot next door and the driveway area.... this is 3 blocks from balboa park the biggest park on the west coast! So what they are really doing is forcing us out so they can wait a year and say they dont have the funds to build a park and then sell to a contractor for more condos....
so how does that relate to the boat? There is an enclosed area in the garahe we kept my dads duck boat, atvs etc and now all that is coming home so there is no room for my center console and I cant afford to pay rent to keep it somewhere. So im back to kayak fishing which isnt that bad haha. Ill get another boat in a few years when I open up my auto shop.

And no dont have the fishfinders yet. I use to have a elite 4x
Have you talked to a lawyer. There might be a case as to easement or right not to have your only access to your property blocked. Just a thought.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #13
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

The city had to approve those permits for the original driveway in the first place and even if they do make it into a park, they need to give you access to the garage. Sounds like a big legal case between property land owner and city. (What a hassle)

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #14
flytuber4
Bay Destroyer

We have the permits and all from the city from years back but they are pulling a technicality. The garage has an entrance which requires going through city property, then there is a exit that takes you to the street without cutting across the city property. They claim a car can now go in the exit and then make a U turn in the garage and then exit the same way. Which is total BS because I tried it in a 2015 focus with the parking garage empty and with a bit of wiggling and dodging pillars did the U turn. With anyone in the garage or a car bigger then that is 110% impossible. We have been fighting the city for 3 years and have proof the judge etc were paid off in favor for the city. In order to fight that now it would be a min of 2 years and its not worth the hassle at this point. We will be selling the property and moving to a new office location in the near future.... To many greedy SOB's running this city and they could care less about the people as long as they make their paychecks and benefits...(im not saying everyone is bad but sure are a lot of bad ones)...

So anyway back to the kayaks.lol
Old 02-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
flytuber4
Bay Destroyer

Was just thinking, what is still or now required for kayakers safety wise? I assume a PFD, and a whistle still. Anything else?