Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

MLPA photos

Guys,

Here are people that went to the meeting and stood up against the anti fishing MLPA. This is just a small number of people who spoke. I will add other photos as I get time.

I would like to thank all of these great people for showing up during a work day and push against the MLPA group.

Shame on the MLPA Works group for trying to take our freedom to fish in Coastal California Waters away.

sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Jzo

Thx for sharing, great pics!
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
tagyak

you should post pictures of these esteemed members of the mlps so that we can get a good look of what SH#$ looks like.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

I was thinking about it, but did not want to soil BWE. Do you guys really want to see the horror of anti-fishing?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
kurtfish

Great Pics Great Work

Steve, Great Job on getting into the MLPA meeting after your family obligations in the am. It is rediculous that Ed did not use any of your photos for his tiny MLPA meeting mention in Firday's sports section. 5 or 6 pages of pics of the Chargers embarassing debocale this am was a bit nauseating. Atleast, your great posters got some good milage. The Blood Decks crew sure seemed happy to protest at the enties and the hand held versions were a good showing in the audience.

Your photography equipment looks amazing. I am sure the photos you took at our vows renewal will be great as well. The ability to shoot so many photos in quick sucession with your equipment sure made for great results with the belwo attached doliphin photos. Helpfully, you will not need to skim through quite as many shots to find a desent one of me in my coat and tie. Atleast, no hair and wind issues to contend with. Thanks again for all your efforts and I look forward to what I am sure will be a very artistic compelation of our albumn.

Dolphin1.jpg

Dolphin2.jpg

DolphinBlacks.jpg

Thanks for all your efforts on the MLPA
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Thanks Kurt. I look forward to going up to LA and do the same thing. We need to stage a good protest and get media coverage with one of the big outdoor sportsman channels and FOX news. Had a great time shooting your event and meeting your friends and family. Very nice group of people and great food to boot!

Steve
Old 10-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
PAL

Quote:
It is rediculous that Ed did not use any of your photos for his tiny MLPA meeting mention in Firday's sports section.
What you see in the paper is controlled and dictated by editors. Our local outdoor writer is a man of great integrity who has risked his job to report the news as he sees it - with a perspective fellow sportsmen can appreciate.

None of that happens in sight of the readers. If blame is to be placed for inadequate news coverage, the editorial board deserves it.

Despite the obstacles, Ed has broken plenty of MLPA news, and is the only one I'm aware of on staff at a major metro newspaper to do so. Otherwise you have Dan Bacher and Rich Holland (still writing on the MLPA via SportfishingReport.com, his new gig following his departure from WON).
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

PAL - I agree.

With such a large conservative readership in San Diego, do you think that the paper is going under because of being out of touch with the local population?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #9
umtduckhead

great pics! im thankful that you all get out there and do the dirty work for us fisherman.. thanks alot
umtduckhead is offline   Reply With Quote