Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
buddha

For the Record..............

Apparently it seems that I am somehow slamming the military because I spoke of uneducated working class speaking in a manner that I would consider racist. I did not ever say anything derogatory about the military. This was ONLY directed toward those that will use racial slurs against minorities. That is the end of the story and I will not defend myself on this matter. I have many relatives that served in the armed forces. Some have gone on to college some did not. It doesn't matter. They do not spew racial slurs.

Words can be hurtful and minorities have dealt with this for decades. In this day and age we now call them african americans or blacks. Years ago they were called colored or negro. I am sure they would not appreciate it if they were called that.

I also do not appreciate people saying that I need to get a life. Unless you are a minority you just can not understand this but maybe you can try for just this once.

Insults are insults and they hurt whether you are white, black or whatever. In no way do I ever want to insult anyone because of their race.

I am sorry that my words have been misinterpreted and that some of you have taken it way too personally.

For that I apologize.

We are all here for our love of fishing and also for the camraderie and friends that we make out on the water.

We may not always agree but I think we can all try to respect each other and not jump to conclusions that are not founded in reality.

I have met some great people on this site and I believe that I will continue to do so.

If anyone has an issue with me please PM me and we can talk it out man to man.

Peace I am out.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
Big T
Member, You Member!

Nobody ever said you ran down the military. Why are you concerned about that? Are you taking something someone said out of context or making it something it wasn't?

If you are THIS concerned about this particular subject... especially in THIS crowd, then the get a life comment applies. What did you plan to accomplish? Is it worth it? Everyone here will probably believe the same thing after this thread is long gone.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Nobody ever said you ran down the military. Why are you concerned about that? Are you taking something someone said out of context or making it something it wasn't?

If you are THIS concerned about this particular subject... especially in THIS crowd, then the get a life comment applies. What did you plan to accomplish? Is it worth it? Everyone here will probably believe the same thing after this thread is long gone.
Your post in the other thread said the following.

"I'd challenge ANYONE to call my Uncle a racist... He's a highly edjucated Retired Lt. Commander of Seal Teams with all the Vietnam and later honors that goes with that title along with thousands of hours of humanitarian work in Africa and Kuwait. He currently trains corporations on how to "get along" with each other and within the companies themselves..."

Since when did I call your uncle a racist?

You don't get it and never will and I don't appreciate you saying that I need to get a life. It is insulting.

As I said, I have relatives in the military and I would never insult them.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Your post in the other thread said the following.

"I'd challenge ANYONE to call my Uncle a racist... He's a highly edjucated Retired Lt. Commander of Seal Teams with all the Vietnam and later honors that goes with that title along with thousands of hours of humanitarian work in Africa and Kuwait. He currently trains corporations on how to "get along" with each other and within the companies themselves..."

Since when did I call your uncle a racist?

You don't get it and never will and I don't appreciate you saying that I need to get a life. It is insulting.

As I said, I have relatives in the military and I would never insult them.
Like I said... when did I EVER say you ran down the military? Re-read my statement. I'm not going to explain to you where you're wrong on this. Figure it out. You're making something out of what I said that isn't there. Same with the boner you have with the word oriental. Something out of nothing.

Since when did I every SAY you called my uncle a racist? I was merely making an example of someone that ISN'T a racist, yet still fits the profile of a racist according to you, simply because he says, "oriental"

Oh... I get it sir. Trust me. Way more than you realize.

You may not appreciate my comment, but if it's not true and you really DO have a life, then why are you offended?? Should be like water off a duck's back to you if it's not true.... Right? And maybe I don't appreciate you saying that because I'm uneducated, that I need to be quiet.

And congratulation on having patriots in your family... But that does NOT mean it prevents you from running down the military. Not that you ever would of course. Just sayin'
Old 03-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Like I said... when did I EVER say you ran down the military? Re-read my statement. I'm not going to explain to you where you're wrong on this. Figure it out. You're making something out of what I said that isn't there. Same with the boner you have with the word oriental. Something out of nothing.

Since when did I every SAY you called my uncle a racist? I was merely making an example of someone that ISN'T a racist, yet still fits the profile of a racist according to you.

Oh... I get it sir. Trust me. Way more than you realize.

You may not appreciate my comment, but if it's not true and you really DO have a life, then why are you offended?? Should be like water off a duck's back to you if it's not true.... Right? And maybe I don't appreciate you saying that because I'm uneducated, that I need to be quiet.

And congratulation on having patriots in your family... But that does NOT mean it prevents you from running down the military. Not that you ever would of course. Just sayin'
I was offended because it seemed to be directly pointed at me. If it was then I would have had reason to get on your case trying to insult me, correct??

I also think that you are intelligent enough to realize that since you are not a minority that it can be difficult for you to be understanding in this matter.

Anyone that spews racial slurs needs to be quiet whether they are educated or not. If you have a problem with that then I can't help you.

Let's end this now and get back to fishing.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
food4less562

does anyone know if OEX still have the Fred Hall special?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
I was offended because it seemed to be directly pointed at me. If it was then I would have had reason to get on your case trying to insult me, correct??

I also think that you are intelligent enough to realize that since you are not a minority that it can be difficult for you to be understanding in this matter.

Anyone that spews racial slurs needs to be quiet whether they are educated or not. If you have a problem with that then I can't help you.

Let's end this now and get back to fishing.
I'm can't fish right now.

So what if it was directed at you? (It was) I wasn't trying to insult you. I was telling you to get a life because in MY OPINION, you need one if you're stressing over this sort of thing. Get over it... just as you would want someone to accept the labels you have bestowed on them.

So just because I'm not a poor little minority, I don't understand racism or discrimination? That's lame. I'm a White Uneducated Male.... Trust me I'm discriminated against... usually because of anti-racism movements.

No, people that "spew" racial slurs DON'T need to be quiet because of something called the right to free speech. The consequenses of such "spewing" under law and just plain ethics will certainly bite them in the ass when legally and ethically appropriate. But just to be quiet is not an option. So... I guess you can't help me
Old 03-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
octico

Wow ....

I have been on a lot of forums, not only fishing, but this one has to have some of the most sensitive people. Come on no one really gives a hoot how your feelings are hurt, nor of your social/economic status! Get over it already.

You guys should see the drama in the cycling forums! They are always talking smack on all the eurocrap cyclists ... oh wait was that racist statement! Gosh darn!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #9
rhyak

Wow I can't believe this is even a conversation on a KAYAK FISHING forum.

I'm sure there is forums out there for these.

My question in So. California, I think everyone is on a pretty even playing field.

You all get back to work it's only Wednesday. This is gonna turn into a spelling bee soon.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I have been on a lot of forums, not only fishing, but this one has to have some of the most sensitive people. Come on no one really gives a hoot how your feelings are hurt, nor of your social/economic status! Get over it already.

You guys should see the drama in the cycling forums! They are always talking smack on all the eurocrap cyclists ... oh wait was that racist statement! Gosh darn!

/thread
Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
619-SWIM-DOG

I've never seen so much male drama on a fishing forum. Everyone just needs to untuck their junk from between their legs and go fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.5 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by 619-SWIM-DOG; 03-26-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
ful-rac
Emperor

Did somebody say spelling BEEE?

ok....

C-O-W..E-I-E-I-O
Old 03-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #13
momo fish

There are many minorities on this forum and in this day in age among people you share a common interest that unites us you need to understand the difference between insults and jokes. As a race I realized we progressed when we can openly joke about the past without feelings of hurt.

I left BD because of this nonsense. This issue would have died but by keep bringing it up again and again you have it value which it did not deserve. There will be people who feel different than you, learn to accept it and life for you will be much happier. Trust me. There is another billion people you can be friends with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #14
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

'Nuff,
Be cool