Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #141
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Minds simple my dog died and i inherited his name.See all you kayak fishing legends on the water when i get done battling cancer.I'm new to this site but i have been fishing off Diego all my life
I'm definitely no legend but love to fish. Get better soon and hope to meet you on the water. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #142
fishing-kayak
Junior

There isn't a lot of history behind my username. I love kayak and fishing and decided to use them in my username. I was lazy to think of anything else.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #143
janines.fishtales@cox.net

My dad was a commercial fisherman. I was raised on his "fish tales". Over and over again I would hear him say, " I ever tell u about...." I would think to myself, " yeah dad...". But you know what, even though he would tell the same stories over and over, I never got tired of any of them. Then one day I bought a Harley and I put Samson fish tail pipes on it. So with my best friend in mind I put JSFISHTALES on the plates. Hence Janines fishtales!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #144
Emeraldbaykayaks
Junior

My user name was my kayak fishing charter business that I had in Florida for 4 years. Until the oil spill hit.
Emeraldbaykayaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #145
Regor
Greg

Anyone new?

It's been 6 months since the last post to this thread, and I've seen some new faces, and always wondering ....

Where DID that username come from?

Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #146
Carp
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

I frequent many boards in my life of hobbies. I have tons of interests
Gunsmithing
Hunting
fishing
woodworking
locksmithing
welding
cooking
Reloading

Now Kayak fishing

So its just me (jeff) sneaking in to steal some knowledge and contribute when I can.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #147
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Makobob

Fished mako's out of Mission Bay for a couple years in the late 80's till I figured this was a nursery area for them.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #148
The pelican

The Pelican - I started kayak fishing on a tandem Pelican from Costco 7 years ago with a buddy who was so broke he brought a broom handle tied to mono as his rod. No joke. Eventually we figured it out and caught some decent fish (WSB and YT) on the tandem kayak. I'm peddling the Outback now but the Pelican still has a place in my heart.
The pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #149
BillzBaitz

Well nothing special hear, I make baits for fishing as a hobby and its the name of my company that doesnt exist..
BillzBaitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #150
icelogger

I originally hail from the land of ice and snow. Minnesota. And I used to be a sawyer in Oregon.
icelogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #151
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

My name is Alan W. so I had to get really creative and think of alanw because someone almost as creative as me already used alan
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #152
easyday

Easy day was my squads motto in Afghanistan.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #153
beef78
Large Member

It's a really long story. Short version: I was hanging out with some other sailors in Virginia and someone else couldn't turn a wrench and I said, "Let me put some beef behind that." After multiple people proclaimed that it was impossible, I put the beef behind the wrench and turned it. People thought the name was fitting and it stuck. 78 was my football number in high school.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #154
Irishman

Simple for me, born and raised in Ireland, left when I was 21, arrived in San Diego and a couple of guys I used to hang and surf with gave me the name. When I was making the drop on a nice wave they would yell out Irishman, cause 20 years ago in San Diego not to many Irish guys surfing.
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #155
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
A long time ago, back on the first day when I first got on the web I went right to a So. Cal. fishing message board and posted a local Redondo halibut report.... one of the "board gurus" got bent out of shape,accused me of being someone (another poster) who I was not.I said: "I'm (my real name)"

A decade later I had a similar experience. I posted my first real Kayak Halibut report with this Redondo Halibut
This time local internet "kayak board guru" got bent out of shape and Internet Kayak Guru2 and his buddies have been stirring up trouble for me on the kayak boards ever since. I guess you could say some things change, some things never change, I got stuck with my real name on the boards after that first day. I never felt the overwhelming need to change it since then
Famous last words.. Ha Ha Ha!!!

Someone brought up that old post to me last night, and we had a good laugh about it. I guess some things do change.

Internet Kayak Guru2 and his lynch mob mentality buddies mentioned above eventually caused me so much trouble in the real world (offline) that I finally was forced to stop posting fish reports, and shortly after that post I changed all my fishing board names away from my real name.

"Fiskadoro" is a post apocalyptic novel set in the Florida Keys by Dennis Johnson. Kind of a "Mad Max" meets Hemingway's "Old Man and the Sea" I named the first boat I built after that Novel because it was a solo fishing craft built in kind of a Mad Max type manner so it seemed to be a good idea for a screen name.

I should of changed my board name a decade ago. Like with all bullies internet stalkers like to feel like they are really hurting someone. Using my real name made the attacks personal on my end, and that just made me a juicier target, because it gave those creeps a chance to hurt me directly while still staying (somewhat) anonymous themselves.

I don't get why some take so much pleasure in trying to hurt others, take this internet bullshit so seriously, or try to take it out into the real world, but they do. I guess those marginalized in real life want to feel they are having some kind of effect even if it's only online. To me it seems cheap, disgusting, the bottom of the barrel when it comes to human nature, but it does seem to be part of the internet low life culture that some gravitate to.

Since changing my board name the online attacks have slowed down, and at least now when someone types my real name into Google they are no linked to some lunatic ranting about how I'm an asshole because a decade ago I once said Malibu is a good place to fish Seabass in the spring.

So sometimes things do change and they can change for the better. I suppose those idiots feel they won because I had to change my name, and no longer post my trips online, but I like the new name, and really don't care if people know what I'm catching or not, and the change definitely has been a very good thing for me.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 08-06-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #156
IB Fish"N"

Mine came from the fact that i was fishing everyday after work, weekends, when ever i could.
IB Fish"N" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #157
Dirty Curti

My first name is Curtis, when I was a teenager I played allot of sports...hmm still do, I would come home dirty, sweaty,...still do, and my cousin looks at me and says "Dirty Curti" so I've been DirtyCurti ever since.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #158
Redeyejedi

.......bout sums it up for me

Redeyejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #159
kayachapi

I live in Tehachapi, seemed like a good blend. I like the location, but Im too far from the BWE to get there as often as I would like.
kayachapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #160
bpagentkastoll
Junior

if you break it up, it is my job and last name. My last name is Kastoll, you can figure out the rest. In San Diego, you see my colleagues in green uniforms pretty much everywhere.
bpagentkastoll is offline   Reply With Quote