Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
ptn
Junior

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=23512

ful-rac wearing waders. He pulled them off easily, which is what you probably should do if you are trying to get back on your yak if it fills with water.

When you are in the water, the waders are not going to sink you, unless you have those waders with heavy boots (denser). Go with stockingfoot ones since the waders are lighter. If you are sinking, it's not because of the waders are filled with water. Water density doesn't change when it goes inside your waders... It's when you are trying to get out of the water with it filled is when it is going to give you a hard time.

You get the drift. Only time I could see a problem is if the current in strong, but in that case, you are going to have a hard time with waders or no waders. Always wear a PFD.

Or someone can enlighten me since I've only had a couple experiences with them on and dumped in the surf which was near shore.

Last edited by ptn; 10-03-2014 at 02:51 PM.
ptn is offline   Reply With Quote