Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

7/5 La Jolla: lost and found

If you lost a hook with a fish attached......I found your hook, the fish is mine Note the tip breaking down, probably 1-2 days ago.

Launched around 5 AM. Hit the pier, saw bait before I got there and picked up a couple dines and some greenbacks. Nelz pulled up, made bait and was off ahead of me. Saw him stop and grab the long rod before rounding the outside buoy. He said there were a dozen fish on the surface that sunk out. Perfect morning for sight fishing with next to no wind. I made my way north of the hotel. Saw a spot of puddlers around 6:30, looked like rats, threw the iron and got picked up and popped off. Stuck around waiting for more, sardine on the short line goes a-screamin. Pick it up and it is gone. Now the big greenback is going smooth and steady. Fish on! This guy knew how to keep his head down and kept wanting the bottom. Finally wore him out Saw some more nice spots of puddlers, seemed to hang around the grass patches and there was alot of grass out there. Had some big swinging tails chasing the iron, but none grabbing it. 6:30-7:30 was really lively between the hotel and the point. Hit the beach at 9AM, had to come home for a shower after this bleeder.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Nice!! Looks like one of my hooks from last year, don't use them circles any more! Can't wait to get out Thurs PM...

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
vellocity

nice quick work Andy!!
skunko nothing for me...
yeah saw that spot of fish next to the northern yellow bouy, looked like the same good grade of fish as yours, not the little rats.. didn't want my 7x..
lots of weeds floating around making the slow troll a chore.. looks like i over shot the fish and was at the NW corner with nothing happening....i doubled back to the halfway point and threw in the towel around 930am.. A&J were out there and J got one when i left, another good grade fish..

forgot to add, water was like a sauna out there! i was metering 74 degrees!

kinda getting that LJ bug to fish again!!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
aguachico

Andy;

Nice fish.

Nelz;
I was between the 182 and the 9 on Monday. Big fish on a log. They didn't want my 7x either, they just followed it. Got one on a soaked deen. Hind sight makes me think a Baby salas or megabait would have been better. Even a small croc.

Something like a snack and not a full meal.

TL

AC
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
steveooo

Nice fish Andy! Any line attached to the hook, or is there a bad knot tyer in the midst?!? :shock: :shock:
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
Razorback

Nice Feesh.

Luv the pic (so will Werner).

Heading out for the dawn patrol on Thursday. You going back for seconds?

Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
DESTROYER

I hope that I can find one of those manana after cooking for 1700 people on the fourth of July...That should be worth some kind of Kharma...Right?

Nice going ICE......MAN!

I'm calling it right now....I'm gettting the first Exotic...Of course, Pat and Chris are both on this trip...Does a marlin count for anything :lol:

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #8
sterling

Andy I lost a big one on Monday night. If in fact that is the fish I hooked it should have had about 3 feet of 25# Flouro leader attached to it. I did use a circle hook. How big was that fish?

Sterling
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
Iceman
Administrator

No line, knot pulled or broke.

Cris, I am gonna focus on WORK tomorrow and likely hit up the halibut on Friday.......SD Bay or Blacks........

Matt, I am calling the first LOCAL exotic, this bath water is pushing dodos up the line
Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #10
DESTROYER

Ice- That would be most impressive...That would put you in an elite league...Just you and Jim!

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote