Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 04-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Put the mackerel out to soon. 4/8/16

Fishing lake Jennings this morning with on and off sprizters of rain and being the only boat on the lake till I got my limit of trout by 9am than another boat pulls up and we start to chat about fishing.I look over my shoulder and here comes the lake boat with a game warden he asks me how many pole are you fishing with I said two so me ask for my cooler of fish so I hand it to him again he asks me how many poles are you fishing with this time he says I have been watching you with binoculars so I said three just threw the mackerel out after my limit of trout well doggy then looks like a limit of trout with a three pole ticket first time I have ever been checked here in the 25 years of fishing here got the trout on Sammon peach and rainbow power bait.
Attached Images

Last edited by MITCHELL; 04-09-2016 at 05:15 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
jorluivil

live and learn

And if you don't then you deserve it

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 04-08-2016 at 03:13 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
ROSSOLY

Not sure how happy you will be when paying for the ticket. My friend had to pay $400 for fishing w two poles w/o 2nd pole stamp. Not sure if this applies to your situation, hope not.
ROSSOLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSOLY View Post
Not sure how happy you will be when paying for the ticket. My friend had to pay $400 for fishing w two poles w/o 2nd pole stamp. Not sure if this applies to your situation, hope not.
Or you can just be a degenerate like myself, every time I get a speeding ticket I take it to court.. Not sure about the Dept.of Fish and Game, but with CA Traffic court, you are allowed like 2 month long extensions from the original appear date on the Ticket, after the 2nd ext, a Must Appear date is given that cannot be moved and chances are higher that those 2 months later, now 4 or 5 months after the original ticket, the officer could care less or simply cannot attend that court date. If the Officer is not there to defend the case, you automatically are not guilty (of course you have to pay the fine before a judge will see the case but upon the NG verdict, you will be refunded..) If he is there, chances are he did not have video evidence of you with the 3 poles, so just be polite to the judge, dress nice, and give him your "honest" rendition of things..

Now I really feel pathetic.. Lol

Last edited by stevie951; 04-08-2016 at 03:37 PM.
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
ROSSOLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Or you can just be a degenerate like myself, every time I get a speeding ticket I take it to court, if the Officer is not there to defend the case, you automatically are not guilty (of course you have to pay the fine before a judge will see the case but upon the NG verdict, you will be refunded..) If he is there, chances are he did not have video evidence of you with the 3 poles, so just be polite to the judge and give him your "honest" rendition of things..

Now I really feel pathetic.. Lol
That's being crafty and not a degenerate
ROSSOLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

ouch....

I'll let you know what the fine is...
Old 04-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #7
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

I'm a rebel, so I'd fight it! (hence my SN - silbaugh4LIBERTY) If I can get a MISDEMEANOR traffic ticket Dismissed, then this would be a piece of cake in my book. Honestly, ask yourself this....."who did I injure/hurt/steal from/or rights did I violate?" If you said None to all of those, then there is no crime. The ticket is them extending an offer to do business, and if you accept, then go ahead and pay the ticket. I sure wouldn't.

Nice job on the limits BTW!!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #8
Ror_sal
Junior

[QUOTE=stevie951;258088]Or you can just be a degenerate like myself, every time I get a speeding ticket I take it to court.. Not sure about the Dept.of Fish and Game, but with CA Traffic court, you are allowed like 2 month long extensions from the original appear date on the Ticket, after the 2nd ext, a Must Appear date is given that cannot be moved and chances are higher that those 2 months later, now 4 or 5 months after the original ticket, the officer could care less or simply cannot attend that court date. If the Officer is not there to defend the case, you automatically are not guilty (of course you have to pay the fine before a judge will see the case but upon the NG verdict, you will be refunded..) If he is there, chances are he did not have video evidence of you with the 3 poles, so just be polite to the judge, dress nice, and give him your "honest" rendition of things..

Now I really feel pathetic..

awesome!
Ror_sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 PM   #9
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

[QUOTE=Ror_sal;258110]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Or you can just be a degenerate like myself, every time I get a speeding ticket I take it to court.. Not sure about the Dept.of Fish and Game, but with CA Traffic court, you are allowed like 2 month long extensions from the original appear date on the Ticket, after the 2nd ext, a Must Appear date is given that cannot be moved and chances are higher that those 2 months later, now 4 or 5 months after the original ticket, the officer could care less or simply cannot attend that court date. If the Officer is not there to defend the case, you automatically are not guilty (of course you have to pay the fine before a judge will see the case but upon the NG verdict, you will be refunded..) If he is there, chances are he did not have video evidence of you with the 3 poles, so just be polite to the judge, dress nice, and give him your "honest" rendition of things..

Now I really feel pathetic..

awesome!
Not necessarily True. I asked the judge where was the officer (witness) in my traffic ticket, and the judge of course lied and said it was a trial issue (which was on my alleged trial date). They don't care, they just want your money. I then said that per the 6th Amendment, I have the right to cross examine the witnesses against me (cop), and this judge said that's only in Civil cases??!! WTF, really? That's how corrupt these idiots are. That's why when you go for the arraignment, they ask if you want to give up your Constitutional rights to enter a plea. That's when I say, NO, I don't want to give up any of my protected rights. And if they enter a plea on your behalf, they're doing so illegally. It's a separation of Powers Violation, since they cannot practice law from the bench.

You're best bet is to serve a summons to the officer, and then if he doesn't show up, you can throw that in their face, and then they MUST dismiss it. I'd still file a Demurr to dismiss though, since they lack evidence proving Jurisdiction. The reason being is they'll say you injured the people of (THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA). Well who in the hell is the (STATE OF CALIFORNIA)? It's a corporation, a DBA, a fictitious entity. Don't believe me, do the research yourself.

You can look up any Business on Dunn & Bradstreet
https://businesscredit.dnb.com/coo

Last time I checked, the Constitution doesn't say (We the Citizens), it says (We the People). Citizen=corporation=DBA

Last food for thought. Some local news from this week.......

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/edito...407-story.html
Old 04-09-2016, 02:57 AM   #10
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Funny thing is

I never take more than a limit.....I release all the big mouth bass I have good fishing ethics just feeding my addiction fishing poles I only took 8 this time
Old 04-10-2016, 05:45 AM   #11
MrPukaShell

I say go to court. Dress nice and fall on the sword. Most likely the Judge will ask you what you have learned and you will tell them that you have read the laws and the experience has made you understand the fish and game laws. You won't get out of the ticket but they will reduce the fine. I had one go down from $500.00 to $150.00 for a Canary Rockfish.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:10 AM   #12
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
I say go to court. Dress nice and fall on the sword. Most likely the Judge will ask you what you have learned and you will tell them that you have read the laws and the experience has made you understand the fish and game laws. You won't get out of the ticket but they will reduce the fine. I had one go down from $500.00 to $150.00 for a Canary Rockfish.
Its because they want a conviction, PERIOD! The Judges and DA's don't know crap about the DFG rules. They're all corrupt idiots who want your money and a conviction, because thats how they get paid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv4r...&nohtml5=False

Here's the video of my success on Marc Stevens youtube channel he just posted last night. He had me on his radio show on NPR radio yesterday to explain how everything went down. Always go Pro Per (represent yourself), and make them prove jurisdiction (physical proof).

Sure, you can go kiss their ass, and get it reduced, which they tried to reduce my traffic ticket. Instead, I put the burden of proof on them, and they didn't have PROOF of Jurisdiction, and of course had to drop it. STICK IT TO THE MAN AND BE FEARLESS!
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #13
Iceman
Administrator

Wait......so WE get to decide if we are guilty or not, not the written law. Wow. People not accepting responsibility for their actions drives me fricken crazy, I consider it part of being a grown up MAN.

You are saying you have to slam into my son or daughter speeding before it is a crime. Some laws are in place to protect the law abiding citizens.

Granted the 2 rod stamp makes no sense to me, that seems you are paying for a privilege. Now 3 rods is an obvious violation.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #14
Gr8fuldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
I'd probably take the approach you suggested, Robert. For me, some grievances are worth fighting the system over, at any cost. A DFG citation where I am in the wrong isn't one of them.

Not that this is the right response (there is no right response for everyone), but for me my peace of mind is probably worth more than a (hopefully reduced) DFG fine.
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #15
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wait......so WE get to decide if we are guilty or not, not the written law. Wow. People not accepting responsibility for their actions drives me fricken crazy, I consider it part of being a grown up MAN.

You are saying you have to slam into my son or daughter speeding before it is a crime. Some laws are in place to protect the law abiding citizens.

Granted the 2 rod stamp makes no sense to me, that seems you are paying for a privilege. Now 3 rods is an obvious violation.
You're confusing what I'm saying Andy. If someone hits another person then there is an injured party. That does PISS me off. My wife got hit by an unlicensed driver, non-citizen, unisured, and broke three ribs, broken femur (has a rod in her leg for the rest of her life), shattered heal, (I spent a month in the hospital sleeping on the floor next to my wife's bed)all while 4 months pregnant with my son and guess what happened ...(not a DAMN thing). Then 8 months later I got t boned and rolled 2 times down katella ave, by yet again, non-citizen, unlicensed, uninsured driver who actually had a 1 & 3 year old in their car. I walked outta that without a scratch, but a totaled car, and I was livid screaming at the cops asking why they didn't even ticket, tow his car, and they said they couldn't and would have an investigator look into it. BS! So trust me, I feel you on that note. Nothing happened because they were Non-Citizens, so they're non contractually obligate to abide by the STATUTES ie. Vehicle Code.

The point Im making is there need to be an INJURED PARTY. There isn't an injured party in this case. They'll say "its the people of the state of California". Really??? How did he injure them by having three poles?

You can be a Free Human being or Chatel slaves. I choose the former. I spent 5 years in the Marines (3 years overseas, 2 tours in Iraq), and I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. So ironically, when you go into court during an Arraignment, they ask you "Do you wish to WAIVE your constitutional right to enter a plea" (whether its guilty or not guilty). Why is that? Because the courts don't operate under the Constitution. They operate under Color of Law, Admiralty Law, not under the Constitution=Law of the Land.

No Victim = No Crime

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Get informed and learn your rights and learn how things work. That's what I consider being a man!

Live by one principle and you'll never have to worry (Do no harm). Don't harm another person, property, their rights, and you'll be okay.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #16
dbrogdon5

Its interesting

that someone will post a pic of a short bass and people on this forum will tear them apart. But in this circumstance, people are encouraging doing the wrong thing.

next time I catch a 13.5" bass, ill just tell them it shrunk after being on the ice that will justify it.
dbrogdon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #17
FISH11

I don't understand the people on this post that are thinking there is no victim or wrong in this incident. Mitchell even admitted that he made a mistake and put out a third rod out. The two rod rule is BS on inland waterways, but being able to pay extra to even have two rods is even more stupid. Either have no limit on number of rods or just one with no financial option for more. It's as stupid in the size of a fine that does not take into account the individuals financial situation. A $500 fine to someone making $250k is not deterrent compared to the same fine to someone making $30k. Just appear in court, admit making a mistake and hope the Judge lowers the fine considerably and also hope others learn from this story. It is about accepting personal responsibility. That is unfortunately, something that a lot of parents and lawyers have taught people is not necessary anymore, making this world a lot worse off.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #18
kixchad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
You're confusing what I'm saying Andy. If someone hits another person then there is an injured party. That does PISS me off. My wife got hit by an unlicensed driver, non-citizen, unisured, and broke three ribs, broken femur (has a rod in her leg for the rest of her life), shattered heal, (I spent a month in the hospital sleeping on the floor next to my wife's bed)all while 4 months pregnant with my son and guess what happened ...(not a DAMN thing). Then 8 months later I got t boned and rolled 2 times down katella ave, by yet again, non-citizen, unlicensed, uninsured driver who actually had a 1 & 3 year old in their car. I walked outta that without a scratch, but a totaled car, and I was livid screaming at the cops asking why they didn't even ticket, tow his car, and they said they couldn't and would have an investigator look into it. BS! So trust me, I feel you on that note. Nothing happened because they were Non-Citizens, so they're non contractually obligate to abide by the STATUTES ie. Vehicle Code.

The point Im making is there need to be an INJURED PARTY. There isn't an injured party in this case. They'll say "its the people of the state of California". Really??? How did he injure them by having three poles?

You can be a Free Human being or Chatel slaves. I choose the former. I spent 5 years in the Marines (3 years overseas, 2 tours in Iraq), and I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. So ironically, when you go into court during an Arraignment, they ask you "Do you wish to WAIVE your constitutional right to enter a plea" (whether its guilty or not guilty). Why is that? Because the courts don't operate under the Constitution. They operate under Color of Law, Admiralty Law, not under the Constitution=Law of the Land.

No Victim = No Crime

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Get informed and learn your rights and learn how things work. That's what I consider being a man!

Live by one principle and you'll never have to worry (Do no harm). Don't harm another person, property, their rights, and you'll be okay.

That is just it, those laws are put into place to protect a resource that belongs to all people. So in breaking that law, there is harm. They are unfairly taking what belongs to all. It is the tragedy of the commons. What is a common resource will be exploited by the individual because the benefit to that individual is a +1 while the harm of -1 is spread out to all who have a stake in the common resource. By you argument, a poacher over limit is doing no harm. And I say most fishermen would disagree. So if you need an injured party, look to the people of California.

And your crap about the justice system being rigged does nothing for your argument.

Last edited by kixchad; 04-10-2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: one more thought
kixchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #19
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Well, it's Mitchell's ticket, so he can do what he wishes with it. Based on the responses, it doesn't surprise me why we've slipped out of the Top 10 countries in Freedom in such a short lifespan of this country. Just don't go crying when they expand the MLPA or extend it another 5 years without a shred of evidence or scientific proof that it even works. I'll end with this pic of a great quote to invoke some critical thinking amongst all of you.....
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #20
jruiz
Large Member

We bow down

To the king of memes
Attached Images

jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote