Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
BrendanM

New guy

Hey guys,
I've been lurking on this site for awhile now and figured I'd introduce myself and tell you a little about me. I'm in the Navy and have been deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom now for seven months(too long by the way). I'll finally be back in San Diego on the 27th of August. Man am I stoked! I have been looking to get into kayak fishing for a while now and finally have the dough to get started. I would prefer to not have to buy new as I can save alot of cash that way. Are any of you guys looking to get rid of a yak anytime soon? If so, keep me in mind. I'm itching to get out there and get into this sport. I just see the pics of the fish you guys catch and it gets me so freakin' hyped up! Anyway, if you guys are looking too offload a kayak and looking for a serious buyer look no further. Pretty soon I'll hopefully be out there slaying yellows with the rest of you.
BrendanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
aguachico

Welcome and thanks for your service. The end of the season will bring a lot of affordable yaks on craigslist. The startup cost to effectively fish LJ for YT is around $1000 with a used yak for $500-600.

AC
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
lamb

I heard there was a great deal not a long ago, red eX with a kayaktank (lookalike) and pretty cool custom rod holders for less than $400! Crazy!

I'm glad to hear the stuff you can read here is inspiring.

Welcome to BWE, welcome to kayak fishing, stay safe and get ready for pullin' on some yello's soon.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Thank you for your service, that allows us to sit our fat lazy butts in Lajolla and enjoy the freedom and fishing we do!

I hope to see you OTW soon! When you return, I will buy you a beer anytime!

P.S. I heard a little rumor that OEX has a couple of used rigged yaks for sale.

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote