Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Mission Bay, 10-13-14

Steve and I arrived at the Ski Beach launch ramp about 6:15. Met up with quite a few guys from BWE. It was nice to meet some for the first time and others again. Rich handed out some blades (big thanks) and we unloaded and headed out. It was cloudy and pretty chilly with an offshore breeze. Water was 71.5º and clear. Tide barely moved all morning, so we relied on the wind which shifted to a south wind later in the morning for our drifts.

The bite was slow and steady for me with lots of missed opportunities, including one beast which took took drag and pulled me into the weeds and broke me off. Finished with 18 bass (1 was a lost calico), all short. Never really got into any one pattern. Though there was a few areas that produced and others which didn't.

Got bumped on the blade, but that was it. Baits that produced best were 5" Paddlerz in Root Beer/gold flake and Houdini; and 3" Flurrys in Minnow Magic and Gold Chovy. I fished the Paddlerz on a 3/8oz Ultrahead and the Flurrys on a orange 3/8oz Slayer head.

Steve and I got off the water at about 11:45, had a great lunch, and headed home. Traffic was a little better than we normally have going home. Guess we can thank Columbus for that. To all who joined in the fun, it was good seeing you and I hope we can do it again soon.