Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
dbarnett66
Danodog

Here come some of the newbie questions...

I had some more time to today to perform a closer inspection and the Kayak seems solid except in one general area. The area behind the seat, just south of the 5 gallon bucket depression seems to have more flex to it than the rest of the Kayak. Is this an issue or the way that they are formed at the factory? There was no tape describing flaws on the Kayak. I did find a repaired blemish on the nose and have no problem with that. I plan on bringing back the Kayak to OEX when I buy some kayak goodies and have them install things life the fish finder and bait tank. I guess I can always have them check it when I bring it in. See the red area below:

Thanks in advance.

Danodog

dbarnett66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
dbarnett66
Danodog

Never mind

Half the Kayak was being hit by the sun and the other half wasn't. Went into the garage tonight and the suspect area is just like the rest of the kayak. I better stop over thinking this kayak stuff.
dbarnett66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnett66 View Post
Half the Kayak was being hit by the sun and the other half wasn't. Went into the garage tonight and the suspect area is just like the rest of the kayak. I better stop over thinking this kayak stuff.
Hot sun and plastic do not play well with each other.......I know this from experience.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
mtnbykr2

looks ok to me, yeah...over thunk...
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
GregAndrew

Also, all the areas near scupper holes will tend to stay more rigid than the areas that don't have them.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
DanaPT

my xfactor in that area has a lot of flex. I don't thing it will be an issue for you. Hopefully you will only be loading 20+ lb fish back there.

OR maybe a milk crate. That's what I stow back there. Seems Malibu fully expects you to "borrower" a milk crate from your favorite retailer as those corners are perfectly designed for one.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
Jimmyz123

Stop thinking and start rigging. I think one of the best parts of owning a Kayak is when you get it home and you stand back and look at it to plan what you are going to do in order to make if work for YOUR needs. It's like a blank canvas waiting for you to slap your paint on it. I did just that this weekend with the Kayak I bought from Landwhale, thanks again Steve.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote