Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
bifflebug
Junior

MDR 03/18

Got out for the first time in months yesterday. Launched from the public ramp in Basin H about 10:15 to 8-9 mph westerly/sw wind, surface current was somewhat ripping even though the tide was moving in the opposite direction. Decent water visibility, tide was low and still on its way out. Was mostly interested in fishing the wall, but caught one chunk legal spottie dragging my name's sake (biffle bug) in green pumpkin on my way out. Had several nips, but that good one was my only hook up on the way to the wall.

Ran across a very juvenile humpback (I think) whale who was playing around between the jetties inside the break wall. Very cool, though I was terrified he would want to play with me.

Fished down the inside of the wall from north to south for a couple of hours. Picked off 8 sand bass with only 2 legals in the mix on a variety of baits including the biffle bug, swim jig, and crankbait. Wanted to venture outside, but I am genetically prone to motion sickness and the swell was a bit too much for me by then so I decided against it.

Picked off one more legal spottie on my way in, but the bite was as dead as I've experienced after that.
bifflebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
jbl_91762

Thanks for report! I'd prob piss myself If I had anything bigger then my kayak swimming around me lol. MDR is one of my fav locations, cant wait for warmer waters!
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote