Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
GBF

"I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!"......

Remember that song by SIR MIX A LOT? It started off with, "I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!"......That song's been in my head all day!!

I took today off to clean and organize my garage. "Especially my Hooping Gear". Turns out, I am not as big a slob as I thought and got done early. Soooooooo, decided to give Santa Monica Bay a try and got the gear together. The morning launch wad great and I then settled into a nice cadence for the long paddle to the bait receiver. After loading up on 6-8" sardines, made my way to the Halli Hole. Send a 7" sardine down and proceeded to tie on some plastic on another rod.

I got nothing for approximately 40 yards then the rod tip bounces one time and the rod stayed semi bent. No worries though, using a No# 1 Circle Hook. When I finished tying on my big hammer and juicing it up with Butt Juice. I reached back and picked up the rod. First thing I thought was...UM...HEAVY!! Started turning the handle and she started coming up slowly. About half way up, she says NAWWWWW....No Thanks ............and took a 25ft blistering run to the bottom. Got her moving again and I reached back for the gaff and laid it across my lap. I then pull out my pliers and my EXTRA HEAVY DUITY Game Clip. Finally....color and I Immediately thought do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!..............WOW....I Miss that song!

Anyway...she comes in nice and takes off again and after stopping gives the HEAD SHAKE. I work her back up and she is about 8" under water coming straight at me. BAM.......The cold steel found its mark between the eyes and back a bit......a beautiful head shot. Within 45 seconds the game clip was on, the gills were cut out, and blood was every ware. I let her thrash and bleed a bit and then I administer a generous helping of BEAT DOWN!! and it's over!! 16.5 Lbs of beautiful California Halibut!!

Tell me.......Do You Like Big Butts?

GBF
Old 09-01-2006, 05:46 AM   #2
MKNOTT

Quote:
I administer a generous helping of BEAT DOWN!! :lol: :lol:

Nice report GBF. Hoop countdown is in effect

When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea, <O
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
MKNOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
Aaron&Julie

Way to go Lenard. Sounds like you made the right call to fish SMB instead of La Jolla. We'd trade a couple of firecracker yellows for a 16.5 lb 'but.
Congrats!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
GBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie
Way to go Lenard. Sounds like you made the right call to fish SMB instead of La Jolla. We'd trade a couple of firecracker yellows for a 16.5 lb 'but.
Congrats!
"SEEEEEEEE......you shoulda listened to me!!!

Let's get on the water soon!!

GBF