Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
WahooUSMA

New Bait Tank

New bait tank...not the best view, but it work saweet today...with the exception of the bait swimming out of the drainage slots...lmfao. Have to figure something out to stop that. GD beautiful day on the water..beats working any f'ing day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3310033.jpg (89.2 KB, 375 views)
File Type: jpg P3310034.jpg (83.4 KB, 360 views)

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
ctrujillo

that tank looks sweet.how do you like that torqe that is a nice looking ride
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
WahooUSMA

Love it, but definitely miss the Revo...anyone selling a Revo? 5 hours on the water, full loaded and wot most of the time, and I still had 65% of the battery left when I got home. The Torque is a great open water boat as long as you don't have to go through surf. This thing is strictly for Newport and DP. Forget LJ in it!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
premo

I think you should patent it.Nice work Roger .The nicest bait tank I have ever saw after hobie livewell.I am glad that you actually are good in something ellse then selling your toys.
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
I think you should patent it.Nice work Roger .The nicest bait tank I have ever saw after hobie livewell.I am glad that you actually are good in something ellse then selling your toys.
Its a Mad Frog tank, I think....?Had to do my own plumbing, but it is definitely nice....except for the bait slipping out the slots! Mac's stay in, but every now and then, a dine fines his way out!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Nice, looks better then a 12 quart cooler. now you just got to sling some paint on it.

image012.jpg

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Wahoo, you crack me up. I wish that I could semi-demo as many rides as you have over the last year. After so many kayaks in such a short time, you have to be the expert's expert.

It reminds me of the "catch and release shopping" that my wife does. You know the drill. Head to Marshalls or TJ Maxx with the girls and buy an arm load of clothes. Try them on at home and take them back the next day. At least she returns most of the stuff.

Back to kayaks. As a Revo rider, I can understand why you might be sorry that you moved on to something else but I am curious as to exactly why you want to return to the fold. Inquiring minds want to know.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

Hey Roger, what are the terms of the lease on this one?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
premo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Wahoo, you crack me up. I wish that I could semi-demo as many rides as you have over the last year. After so many kayaks in such a short time, you have to be the expert's expert.

It reminds me of the "catch and release shopping" that my wife does. You know the drill. Head to Marshalls or TJ Maxx with the girls and buy an arm load of clothes. Try them on at home and take them back the next day. At least she returns most of the stuff.

Back to kayaks. As a Revo rider, I can understand why you might be sorry that you moved on to something else but I am curious as to exactly why you want to return to the fold. Inquiring minds want to know.

Bob
me and Kent we tried to figure out Rogers brain with no luck.His brain belongs to scientists.he is one of a kind
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
ODOGFISH

for sure nice tank ... dig the torque it be nice to have a reverse ... wish HOBIE would think up a way to go in reverse

Don't want to hear about it
Every single one's got a story to tell
Everyone knows about it

Oscar
ODOGFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #11
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODOGFISH View Post
for sure nice tank ... dig the torque it be nice to have a reverse ... wish HOBIE would think up a way to go in reverse

they have

http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaks/accessories/evolve/

skip to 1:29

http://fastlanesailing.com/index.php...t01returnid=59

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Old 04-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #12
WahooUSMA

Two big factors in not getting the evolve. First being the run time is terrible and second is the cost - something like $1900 for just the motor and battery. The battery alone is $500 bucks on the evolve. Torque is $1900, for everything, except the battery. I picked up a 140 series Marine Deep Cycle battery from Bass Pro for 150.00, and I can go all day!

Its a very wet ride, but that might be because I am fat ass, or that is typical of Ocean Kayaks, but I still like it for Newport and DP.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
WahooUSMA

Quote:

Bob
To be honest with you Bob, Hobie just plain-ass makes a nice kayak. Fit/finish are the best, including cup holders, side pockets, and all the other little things that just add up to a nice boat. The steering design on the Hobie is far superior to any foot manipulated rudders - Tarpon and Ocean Kayaks. Every time I went/go out in either of the above mentioned two, I come back and my legs look like a chewed up 'mac'. After time, and for whatever reason the cables on the foot control rudders start to fray at the ends and end up putting some healthy gouges into the sides of my legs.

Lastly, for me anyway, having abused my body physically over the years it is so much easier to peddle than it is to paddle. I don't have to come home after a long day of fishing and load up on Motrin because my shoulders, elbows, and neck hurt.

Best of all, I can fish, drink a beer (or 3), and cover a lot of water, all at the same time!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #14
ODOGFISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
Two big factors in not getting the evolve. First being the run time is terrible and second is the cost - something like $1900 for just the motor and battery. The battery alone is $500 bucks on the evolve. Torque is $1900, for everything, except the battery. I picked up a 140 series Marine Deep Cycle battery from Bass Pro for 150.00, and I can go all day!

Its a very wet ride, but that might be because I am fat ass, or that is typical of Ocean Kayaks, but I still like it for Newport and DP.
... I have to agree with wahoo ... unit cost , run time is enough to keep me from buy it just to go in reverse ... its to bad that the mirage drive couldn't be made in a way as to make going in reverse possible

Don't want to hear about it
Every single one's got a story to tell
Everyone knows about it

Oscar
ODOGFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
with the exception of the bait swimming out of the drainage slots...lmfao. Have to figure something out to stop that.
will this work?

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...it-Tank/Detail

Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #16
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Shit...wish I would have seen that earlier. Problem now is that I cut a 4in x 1/2 slot on the side. I'll figure something out!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Best of all, I can fish, drink a beer (or 3), and cover a lot of water, all at the same time!
We need to fish together one of these days. I can't seem to catch any significant fish lately but I am pretty good at the other things you mentioned above.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #18
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Shit...wish I would have seen that earlier. Problem now is that I cut a 4in x 1/2 slot on the side. I'll figure something out!

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/4186-l...epair-kit.html

Quote:
We need to fish together one of these days. I can't seem to catch any significant fish lately but I am pretty good at the other things you mentioned above.

Bob
I've been in traffic school all day (damn AAA with a gun) so I'm itchin' to go fishin' was going to go out tomorrow but the weather looks bad.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #19
WahooUSMA

Quote:

Bob

LOL...I might try to make it down to LJ this week!

Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #20
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODOGFISH View Post
they did, just place the peddles backwards and start peddling; this give reverse propulsion. no joke....
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote