Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Norcal Fishing Trip 2009

I took my family up to NORCAL for some pine trees, rivers, high country lakes, and fresh air from all the MLPA BS! More pics, than fish, but thought you guys/gals might enjoy the scenery!

First a stop by the local Walgreens for funny looking tackle. We were fishing for Steelehead with nightcrawlers, and a peiece of bright red of yarn.

First day hit the Sacramento River in Chico on my buddy Dave's boat.

It was propelled by Jet outboard...

I believe that Dave said he can run in 10" of water with this rig

Above the Sacramento River, spent many a summer day, floating down in an inner tube, and stopping by beer can beach...

I got bit, and as soon as I set the hook, I saw the Steelehead jump, and spit my hook.... Dave moments later lands this nice steelehead, pictured above.

My buddy Damion, and I who attended Chico State together, lost the bet on first fish caught, so we had to shotgun a beer.
Some other action on Pike, but not much else, winds picked up, so we headed in...

Grilled the Steelehead for an appetizer to the lobster dinner I brought up with me. Washed it down with an ice cold Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

Story to be Continued....

Last edited by Holy Mackerel; 11-12-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote